Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjtorrence

A word for me from my pastor HELP

On Sunday 10/31/10 I received a word from my pastor it goes like this "No more depending on dreams to hear from God, its time you come up higher, utterance, revelation, wherever you go whatever you do in or out come up higher." Help
So I asked the Pastor what did it mean as I am confused and this is what was said "Words of the spirit that are vital to one or many, it's time for you to advance n the spirit in levels and places you've not known" tornado

Not sure about this one MJ. I'm not saying it's not from God, but it's sort of confusing. The only thing I can say is, maybe God is desiring for you to hear his voice MORE as opposed to relying on dreams and visions. I'm all about balance and though I love to hear from the Lord in my dreams, I'm equally amazed and excited to hear Him speak to me.

Sometimes prophetic words are NOT for now, but for the future. There are prophetic words I received where I beat my brain trying to figure out what it meant for me at that time, but now, as I look back, those words were for THIS season of my life. Always remember that in this dispensation of grace that we are in, when God speaks to us through other people, it should bear witness and confirm. Have you been talking to the Lord about hearing his voice clearer?

Pray, Pray, Pray...make sure the Lord can show you in His word if this word is from him and/or for now.

Blessings my sister!!

Thank you for your reply I am believing that is what God wants me to do is hear his voice more and get out of my head. Thanks huggins

jus read the old testiment god communicated 2 his prophets via drms,, 4 the nation of 3 million ppl, i wood be cautious,, only 2 say that god can use otha methods of talkin 2 us,, but dont throw drms out,, yo feel me, D

I agree with Dstr..and Cholette (that may sound contradictory but it's not hear me out).....

really test this word out.

Ask yourself these things........

1. has God been telling you the above word already?

2. Does the pastor know you well and know you are on a 'dream forum'

3. what does your church believe about 'hearing from God' as in what methods from a biblical perspective....

Thing is matey.......there is prophecy and soul reading in my opinion where it is so easy to prophecy our own opinions into things.

This could be God but the word was very vague in a sense, you could take it either way...but in my estimation it had a hint of 'steer clear of dreams' in it..maybe this is just me.......

Also too this word was not translated verbatim....am I right, so it is your version of what He said that is up here.......not that I am saying you didn't hear it right just really look at everything he said and pray on it and allow God to help you to judge the word from the Holy Spirit within you and also from a place of wisdom ....there is wisdom in the counsel of many.........ask God for clarification and confirmation if this is what He is indeed saying to you. I mean Cholette is right I think in that balance is the key.......anything that draws us away from Him even if it is spiritual like dreams....if our of balance can be used by the enemy.........

Balance and wisdom matey..........blessings thumbs

thanks everyone for the insight
1. Yes my Pastor knows me very well has been for 10 yrs and also that I am here
2. Yes God has been showing me in dreams some of the things
3. Our church believes in hearing from God through dreams as I have shared some of my dreams with the Pastor and they have came true so they don't reject dreams.
I do believe that God is wanting more from me as far as listening more to him thanks everyone I will continue to pray