Going to bed intoxicated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going to bed intoxicated

Post by Sean on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 pm

If I go to bed intoxicated and have a very vivid dream, do I still view it as a dream from God?

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going to bed intoxicated

Post by True Flight on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 am

Yes,

I would point to testimonies of those who come to know Christ while high.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 pm

I come from a background in arts where it is common in the world that is, to use drugs and alcohol to help assist them in their 'work' for ideas and so people encourage people to use to help inspiration. I think there is a direct correlation between things like alcohol which is mind altering and therefore affects such areas of the brain in my opinion where we dream.......

Even prescribed medication can affect the mind and dreams are thus affected........
Having said all this and with what True flight has said too, I'm sure it is something i would hope we could agree on that it is not wise to use drugs of any kind to facilitate vivid dreams. I know you probabley did not mean that, but I agree that dreams can be more vivid and that despite our situations, God can use them to speak to us.......it's just not justifiable to say that we should therefore encourage such processes........

Prayer also affects our dream lives aswell and I know that when I am heavily in the word and prayer and praise that it affects the same part of my brain for vivid dreaming that perhaps alcohol does, however being in the word and in prayer and praise helps me to understand what God is saying in them.

Blessings

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: