Graduation...conflict?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graduation...conflict?

Post by unaday* on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 am

I had a dream that I was at a graduation for myself. The grad was done and I was in a foyer. All my dad's side of the family was in attendance. I remember that I hugged my cousin who is also my god mother. They were all circled around my husband and I. Then my dad's older cousin came and gave us a hug. in real life her hair is not long- but in the dream it was long and grey (grey in real life too). My husband pulled at her hair and because it was curly he was able to stretch it further down her back. He said "Wow your hair got long" Then one of the cousins looked upset and said to us, "Wow haven't see you two in a long time. Does your husband even remember our names?!" I said "Of course he does" So to prove it he went around and said their names but i was whispering their names to him- but they could not see that. When they saw that he knew their names they backed off- but you could see they were disappointed not to have something to get angry at us about.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Re: Graduation...conflict?

Post by lola21st on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 pm

A couple of questions...

Are you going to be graduating at some point IRL?
Is this the family dynamic IRL (i.e., your father's side always finding something to bicker about)?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:20 pm

No I'm not going to graduate in real life BUT YES YES YES those people in my dad's family ALWAYS find something to bicker about! That is onnnnnnnnn point!

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:42 pm

ok then...I think your dream is part literal and part symbolic...

I think over the years you've become accustomed to dealing with them so you know how to manage them, keep them in line, etc. (this is the graduation). You'll soon have a situation where you're dealing with them and will find yourself preparing your husband in dealing with them even if it is on the spot just like in the dream....

With the holidays coming up do you usually interact with them? (When is Canadian Thanksgiving?)

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Also, I have to admit, I didn't have any thoughts regarding your cousin...has she grown spiritually over the years? (hair often representing holiness) Maybe she's mellowed out as a result so doesn't need to bicker as much? Again, these are just my thoughts...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks Lola...really thank God when dealing with that core of my dad's family it is few and far inbetween. The funny thing is I do feel something arising... so i do pray God helps me deal patiently with them. As for the cousin with the long hair- in real life she is the only one that I can deem as genuinely caring about my family and I.

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top