Pile of dirt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pile of dirt

Post by flexmom on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm already running late but I realize as I"m driving down the road that I forgot my phone. I decide not to turn around, but a little further along, I change my mind. I know my daughter will be late for school, but I need my phone! I get home, go inside for a while & when I look outside, I see some men working on my driveway. I go out and see the driveway completely blocked by a pile of dirt. I can't physically leave even if I wanted to. I ask the young guy working "Do you usually dump a pile of dirt without telling the owner first?"

flexmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pile of dirt

Post by Delightful soul on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:03 pm

On the road of life, you need to be prepared and have the communication lines open with God. Knowing that it takes more time, but you are realising the importance of being prepared despite the costs to others around you (your daughter)........

As you are preparing in Him, you are prevented from moving forward, you are in construction so to speak. This is frustrating and perhaps there will be a wait.

I hope this blesses you, if it does not resonate, please disregard.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 pm

I agree with Delightful Soul. It sounds to me like you've made prayer a priority in your life and you've positioned yourself to be able to hear God's voice on a regular basis. Somehow I think we think that if we've done that, there should be clear sailing in our lives. The fact is, once we've positioned ourselves to get really serious with God all hell breaks loose! In my own life when I got serious with God many troubles came my way. I hope this doesn't scare you. I asked God what was up and he said this, "I trust you with this."

In other words, trials sent to us are meant to make us better, to bring us closer to God. When God allows troubles to come at us, He is risking losing us--He's risking that we'll give up and walk away from Him, which of course is something He doesn't want. He trusts that we'll come out of our difficulties more refined, conforming more and more to His image. I think it's Joyce Meyer who says, "There ain't no drive-through breakthroughs."

So anyway, as you're drawing closer to the Lord, don't be surprised if you have many of the afflictions of the righteous. But praise the Lord, He'll deliver you out of them all if you allow Him to, even piles of dirt.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flexmom on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:33 am

Thank you dearly for your replies. I have just received word that there's been a death in the family. A very timely dream and interpretation...now I'm pondering some other dreams I've had recently along the same lines. I think I will post those, too. Thx so much for taking the time to respond!

flexmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:38 pm

welcome thumbs

I hope all is ok with the news of the death in your family. My condolences and prayers for you.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top