Possible Manifestation: Arguing at Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Manifestation: Arguing at Cards

Post by Paul RT on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:12 am

I was at a meeting with a number of other people from other Baptist churches in what looked like someone's home. I introduced my self as an experienced person on Pastoral search committees.
We were playing something like cards or Mah Jong with tiles, and I was teaching someone who was acting as my partner.
I placed a tile with the King of Hearts on it's edge in the middle of the table and it fell over, revealing itself to the opposing player. He picked it up and proceeded to meld it with his cards and I retrieved it, saying that that this was a simple mistake.
The opposing player started arguing with me and I retaliated by pushing him against the wall and dishevelling his hair ( he seemed older). I eventually lost my temper and declared that I was withdrawing from the meeting, resigning my position and going home.

Last edited by Paul RT on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : possible manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Manifestation: Arguing at Cards

Post by Deborah on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 pm

"Tipping your hand" or "Showing your cards" or "Putting your cards on the table" are phrases which people use to describe secrets being divulged. In this case, you showed the King of Hearts. I'd say your showing of emotional vulnerability is threatening to someone or will be threatening to someone in your life.

I have a very close friend who gave her testimony in a very legalistic church. God has done a marvelous work in the life of my friend, her past is sordid at best. Well, the church reacted to my friends' testimony in a very peculiar manner. Instead of rejoicing in the marvelous work God had done, these people passed judgment on my friend and refused to talk to her! I saw it with my own eyes! My friend was so, so hurt by this rejection. So I can understand the anger you displayed in this dream.....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:32 pm

During a "sharing" time at this morning's service I expressed my concerns for my wife working long hours as Church Secretary and Administrator. As the AGM is coming up and her term of office is due for renewal I challenged the congregation to either support her or not vote for her at the election of office bearers.
Somewhat of an emotional risk, but the sermon was out of 1 Kings 18:16-39 and challenging the prophets of Baal. I thought it was worth speaking out.
Thanks Deborah for your interest and concerns
Blessings
Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:15 am

Sounds like the King of Hearts is trying to protect his Queen of Hearts! Good job, Elijah, I mean, Paul!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:54 am

I believe that the meaning of this dream goes to my two year journey with the Lord in preparing me for Eldership. In my previous ministries and in my professional work I have tended to get offended and angry in the past at leadership or my management when I felt that I wasn't being listened to or appreciated for my skills, experience and giftings. I have had a history of resigning or moving on to another job or simply withdrawing from my ministry in these situations.
The reference to teaching my partner in the dream is about the fact that I have been helping and encouraging my wife, who took on the role of Church Secretary after me about 18 months ago.
Yesterday in my job as manager I had to deal with an emotionally volatile staff member, and had to give very strong direction to her, to manage the risks she posed to herself, her colleagues and our often fragile or unpredictable clients.
I recently wrote to our Diaconate and openly disclosed that I felt God was calling me to the role of Elder, and that the church needed some Elders. Both of these situations were a test of my emotional stamina, my trust that God has the situation in hand, and not to rely on my own abilities or run ahead of Him.
Other recent dreams have spoken about the prospect of conflict or spiritual warfare, something my church has experienced for the past 8-10 years, and to speak up when needed.
I'd value prayers that I would remain strong and courageous, and still demonstrate Eldership qualities as I face these situations.

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:57 pm

praying

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 am

A post script - my staff member resigned yesterday. I think this is a good thing, as I don't believe she should be working in the industry, given her emotional vulnerabilities

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top