An explosion and the man

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An explosion and the man

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 am

Hey all I need some help discerning this dream. Unlike most of my dreams. I think this is a warning but not sure.

I was walkiing outside with a man down a path a slight decline. We walked into a building and I was trying to collect my belongings but it was taking a while because I have left my backpack in another room and could not find it. I asked a few people and they did not know where it was. Then I remembered I had left it in one of the bedrooms and collected it. We then went outside and were walking away from the building and there was an explosion...The building collapsed. We were rolling on the ground and glass was flying everywhere. We were not hurt. The man got up and started running and I followed suite. There was no fear here....it was like I was part of it but not affected by it. Then we ran into another building and I was asking people if they were ok. They did not hear the explosion and I asked them to have there manager check to make sure there was not a bomb or anything hidden anywhere. I could sence that there was more going to happen but did not get the sense of urgency from the people in the building. This was a huge 2 story building kinda of shaped like the pentagon building. Although there was all glass so you could see out easily. The next scene is I am wearing this costume which I think probrably looks pretty bad on me. I am not a small person so this is not a typical outfit sytle for me. I remember asking someone how it looked and they said I looked "hot". Anyway this one has me totally baffled so anyhelp here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance all, I appreciate it.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An explosion and the man

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Anyone?

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 am

I believe the man in the dream is Jesus and that the buildings is HIs church.

I believe when you were walking down a decline that He is calling you to backtrack to a place that you have come from spiritually and to collect what He has for you there that was safe and intimate (bedroom) and to then leave...prepared.(not sure if this is literal or not but feel this is spiritual)....the others in your church do not know how to give you your intimacy with God ro where it comes from.

Running to and after Jesus, you then go into another building (church)and people seem to not know there is danger or even know that there have been other problems in other churches so you go to the authorities to make sure they are aware (manager).....

This church is much larger and also transparent. And also has alot more authority in God.

Your armour looks 'hot' you are looking on fire for God but you feel bad in what you are wearing. This is not a usual call for you, but nevertheless He has you wearing it for a season.

I believe this is a prophetic mantle to follow Jesus and to be a watchman. More authority, more accountability, not a pretty feeling job, but an honourable one.

Hope this resonates....blessings

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 am

hmm the downward path,,is that evident at all rite now??wiv u,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 am

I beliecve that Delightful may be on track here. I have taken the summer off because I have been so tired and in trying to free up my schedule I got busy with life. I have sensed the Lord tugging me back to the ministry over the last couple of weeks. I have interests to do other things but he wants my attention on the ministry. I will need to get involved more fully with ministry. To be honest last year when our church disbanded it took the sails right out of me. I worked so hard and believed so hard in the vision that when they closed the doors I had to take a break. It was a tough period for me spiritually. I am much better now but I really was straining for a while. I thank you for helping me discern the dream. I will be going before the Lord.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :angel:

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 am

I'm glad it helped.....I pray you find the strength you need. flower

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:24 am

Back in 1998, I helped plant a church in a nearby town. I put so much time into it, so much energy...and then the pastor decided to move and just like that the church was disbanded. I remember how it felt, so I can empathize, Connie.
The experience taught me I was getting a lot of my identity by what I did, not who I was. My lesson in that season was to discover that Jesus loves me whether I'm doing ministry for him or not. Doing ministry just because you love Jesus is a lot different than doing ministry because you feel you have to....Sorry if this sounds preachy.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Not at all Deborah. Not at all. I was preaching and in ministry for Jesus but I poured so much of myself into that , that when it disbanded it just took my breath away. We just did not know what to do. It took me 5 years to get my husband into church and now here we were at ground zero.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 pm

I don't mean to sound obtuse here, but what do you mean when you say "Not at all?"

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Sorry was gone for a meeting. I mean not at all preachy.

:angel:

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 am

Oh good! SmileyCentral.com

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 am

that's amazing but how do you now if your dream is prophetic or symbolic? do you just know within yourself? (I'm sorry if we have discussed this before)

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 am

Gissy,

To me I sensed it as a warning. Sometimes it is just hard to know where you are in the dream.

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 am

I had a good feeling that it was a warning dream like I mentioned to gizzy. I could see the outside of the building which was king of a hectagon shape and all glass windows. When ever I see glass on my immediate left or right that is usually symbolic of revelation of something to come for me. I felt it was something that was going to happen. So in this case Mia I must say that although it may or maynot be Philidelphia it may be some other air port. Prophetic dreams and warning dreams are very new to me. Do you remember my tornado dream Mia. That was a warning dream as well and I think we thought that to be a Tsunami. I will pray and wait for the Lord to show me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Gissy,

It is so funny that you should ask that because just this morning I put it on the list of things that need to be written about.

In my experience, symbolic message dreams from God are always VERY short and simple (but because they are from God they are still prophetic). Long convoluted dreams tend to be a mixture of; prophetic things coming in the future, things in our soul, and physiological dreams that happen while we sleep just to restore our minds.

Here is an example of a long convoluted dream that I knew had prophetic bits in it (the purple writing in parenthesis is the true life manifestation):

I was walking by my grandparents' old houses. They looked like they had been combined into one house. Some girl was outside and I started talking to her and maybe being all teary eyed that these were my grandparents' houses.
(My grandpa called my house and I talked to him for the first time in years and I was teary eyed.)

She invited me in. When I went inside, strangely, I seemed to have started at the top. I was in my grandmother's house and it looked better than it ever did. It was like a group home for kids. I was amazed at how nice it looked. It was like it was totally renewed - painted, shiny, unbelievable. It was like looking definitely at the old house but everything in it was made to sparkle. They didn't replace everything inside they just made what was there new again. (Nothing. No message, no prophetic manifestation. Just dreaming.)

Then I went from the top story of my grandma's house to the second story of my other grandma's house. This house was as bad as it ever looked. (Nothing. No message, no prophetic manifestation. Just dreaming.)

There were some people in both houses. They were very nice. I was looking to see my dad's name written anywhere but I couldn't. (Nothing. No message, no prophetic manifestation. Just dreaming.)

Then, I was somehow back in Grandma K's house and I was looking in the rooms and looked in one room and I saw an apparition or something ghostly. I couldn't tell for sure but thought it might be my reflection dimly light on something but a breeze started blowing at me so I started rebuking the devil VERY loudly. Someone said someone was downstairs sleeping. Then, I heard the front door open and felt the breeze from that coming. So I thought, oh, maybe the breeze was just from the door. (This was me taking a shower in my house later that month. I had a glass shower stall and I could see my reflection in it like it were a ghost. You could see through it like you would a ghost because it was a reflection in a transparent door and I did feel a weird breeze while in the shower.)

So, I went downstairs and walked past a huge fish tank, bigger than mine and it had an Oscar in it that didn't look so healthy. (My Oscar was also not doing well at the same time as all these other things happening.)

Then, I woke up the dog somehow, who didn't know me and naturally became defensive and bit my wrist. (The dog bite was a kidney infection.)

Actually, it was still holding onto my wrist when I started freaking out for Johnny to get off the couch to make it stop. (I was having medical issues due to a reaction to a prescription for a kidney infection and my husband was not at all concerned about it and when I was trying to ask him for help he was literally sitting on the couch. My husband’s name is not Johnny. The people in our dreams can often symbolic for someone else in which they share something in common. Johnny is one of my uncles whose main characteristic is an alcoholic which makes him symbolic for my husband.)

Then, another dog started lopping toward me and this dog was even bigger than the first. I turned the metal chair so that it was between me and the bigger dog and really started freaking for Johnny to do something. (The second dog coming near me was a reaction to the medication for the kidney infection. I was very concerned that the reaction was going to be even worse than the original illness.)

Finally, he got up from sleeping on the couch, the dog let go and the other dog didn't attack me. (I didn't get the worse reaction that I had feared. I had a pretty severe reaction but it wasn't what I had feared.)

When I looked at my arm to see the damage I noticed an oval purple mark on my wrist (which was the same shape as the pills that I took).

The reason all this happened in the same dream was that it all happened at the same time I got the kidney infection or it stemmed from the kidney infection.

The main purpose for this dream was to prophecy that I would have a physical attack on my body but it I would be okay.

Here is an example of a symbolic dream. All of the elements in it are related to the message and none of it is woven in by own mind:

I was driving on a motorcycle (would never in real life so this is symbolic or about someone else). There was another cyclist up ahead of me and we were together but I don't know who it was.

My motorcycle had the accelorator on the left handle bar. The left handlebar was split into an older accelorator and a new accelorator. If you used the old accelorator it started to wobble and threatened to fall over. If you used the new accelorator it sped along. Twice I mistakenly used the old accelorator but then I instantly returned to using the new accelorator and everything was fine..

•Only God knows the future.

•Motorcycle symbol = Individual: Personal ministry; independent; rebellion; selfish; pride; swift progress (JEEZ, everyone of those definitions sums up my feelings about the book that I'm writing. Individual, personal ministry the book is about Hearing from God through our dreams and visions, Am I being rebellious by refusing to finish this book? Am I writing this book out of selfish pride or because I really want to help God and people communicate together - mostly to be helpful but I'm sure my pride isn't dead like I'd like it to be either - the message in the dream is about swift progress on finishing this book.)

•I was following behind an unknown cyclist ahead of me = This reflects my prayers and questions to God about not being sure if it is Him leading me to do this or if it is me leading me to do this so I wanted God to show up and tell me in person so that I wouldn't waste anymore time.

•The motorcycle = represents my swift progress on this book (Did you know motorcycles don't go in reverse? They only go forward?)

•In my dream, TWICE my progress began to stall but after the second mistake I went on swiftly = God showed me this dream in advance to show me that it wasn't going to happen a third time.

•In the bible the left hand is usually pretty negative and I was trying to see how the scriptures would fit into this dream. I had an epiphany that it was not my left hand that was symoblized as much as it was the left side of the motorcycle. A symbolic reference to the left side that fits this perfectly is: Creativity - I was definitely having problems making progress with something that I was creating.

•The accelorator split into two parts represents Microsoft Word BEFORE I learned how to make it automatically save a restoration copy of files and back them up every five minutes and AFTER I learned and implemented the backup function. (Did you know Word doesn't automatically choose to make a restoration copy of files unless you choose it under advanced options? ME EITHER!)

Only God knows the future. My mind couldn't send me a dream that my computer was going to refuse to save the book again, nor could it tell me that it would only happen twice. God sent me this dream the morning before I lost my work for the second time to encourage me that I would not lose any more work.

The symbolic message was very short and sweet. It didn't do alot of stuff. It was just a very short motorcycle ride. I didn't go exploring other places, go home and look in my bedroom, etc. I just had a short ride on a motorcycle.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 13 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 pm

Dove-Solutions wrote:I had a good feeling that it was a warning dream like I mentioned to gizzy. I could see the outside of the building which was king of a hectagon shape and all glass windows. When ever I see glass on my immediate left or right that is usually symbolic of revelation of something to come for me. I felt it was something that was going to happen. So in this case Mia I must say that although it may or maynot be Philidelphia it may be some other air port. Prophetic dreams and warning dreams are very new to me. Do you remember my tornado dream Mia. That was a warning dream as well and I think we thought that to be a Tsunami. I will pray and wait for the Lord to show me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I agree that this is a dream for intercession and we will definitely find out for sure what exactly this represents.

Hugs,

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Dove-Solutions, I guess it takes experience to know if it's symoblic/literal.

Mia, thanks for the examples, I'm so glad that you have it on your list of things to write about and I can not wait until your book comes out!!

I guess I have to mediate on your examples more to see how they relate to my dream life. For me, my dreams are usually prophetic/literal and when I think it's symoblic it still turns out to be prophetic. I guess I need to continue to observe the pattern of my dreams.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Symbolic is still prophetic whenever the dream is from God. DO you mean when you think it's symbolic it is still literal?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Connie, I agree with Mia. when i read your dream I was feeling like God was showing you something that would happen and giving you revelation about it. I had a similar dream about the shootings at Fort Hood here in Texas. I was so close to the incedent that i was concerned i would be harmed, but i wasnt. It could be somewhere close to you... praying

heres the dream i had about the fort hood incedent...i told my hubby about it when i woke up and i also said i felt like it was some kind of mass killing where some were injured while others were just completely blown away... I live close to Fort Hood.

Dream:
I dreamed I was on a bus with my husband. We were in charge of the bus in some way, jeff was helping the driver. Suddenly the North wind, who was also God, came and started blowing people off the road with his icy breath. Many people were blown away I felt like others were expecting me to stop Him, but I felt who am I to stop the North wind from blowing? He was so angry. I remember helping to clean up the aftermath. I was concerned jeff and I might be blown away, but we weren’t. some people were blown out the windows of the bus, they were sitting in the very back.
The North wind is a personal symbol to me as well. In a story book my mom read to me as a child, the North wind blew away things that were important to a boy who had to go and retrieve them. I'm not saying God killed those people..but i know that He releases spirits to destroy when he is angry. (thats biblical) and that was my dream, however sobering it may be.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Wow Mia that clears up stuff for me...thanks for posting! Hope we will find this in your new book! thumbs

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm

Mia Sherwood wrote:Symbolic is still prophetic whenever the dream is from God. DO you mean when you think it's symbolic it is still literal?

yes, sometimes I interpret it as symbolic and it turns out to be literal; however, only some parts are literal, does that mean that the rest can still be symolic or simply me dreaming?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

|LOL FUNNY You should ask... I already wrote about that part.

In my experience, symbolic message dreams from God are always VERY short and simple (but because they are from God they are still prophetic) and plain symbolic. These dreams are often messages and sometimes they contain future prophecies as part of the message but they don't come true literally. Long convoluted dreams tend to be a mixture of; symbolism, prophetic things coming in the future, things in our soul, and physiological dreams that happen while we sleep just to restore our minds but the message is through what will happen in the future, there is not another message. For example, in my dog dream, the message was that the other dog wouldn't bite me. I would be fine. It was in addition to the real life manifestation, it was the real life manifestation. In other words, the dream was telling me in advance what the real life manifestation would be. There wasn't a separate message.

One of the most frustrating teachings on dreams is one that almost every Christian believes, which is that dreams are mostly always dreams with a message and not to be taken literally. About a decade ago, I enrolled in a Christian Leadership University and was seeking a ministry degree. One of my classes was on Dream Interpretation, which is where I was taught that all dreams contain messages from our hearts about us. It took God giving me dreams that manifested in real life on a daily basis for me to figure out that this principle is not accurate for everyone. It took months to figure out that this principle was absolutely wrong for me.

As a result, most people have a predisposition to look at every dream as though it contained a spiritual message. In many cases, this predisposition does not allow them to see the dream for what it truly is because they are expecting it to contain a spiritual message. Because of this, they have trouble accepting literal dreams for what they are = litearl dreams.

A great example of interpreting dreams with a spiritual bias is a dream that I had about two side by side soda machines. I tried to fill my cup with soda out of one but nothing would come out. Then I tried to fill my cup with soda from the neighboring machine and still nothing.
When I had this dream I was very, very, very new to dream interpretation.

When I originally dreamed this dream about six years ago, from everything I read, dreams were messages and not to be taken literally. So I tried to look at the dream symbolically with a spiritual message. From that perspective, I interpreted the dream to mean that I needed to be filled with the Spirit and I must not be because my cup was empty.

To see if others would see the same thing I did, based on what I had originally been taught, I submitted this dream to others to interpret:

The first interpretation that I received:

This could be about getting your spiritual thirst filled and not finding a place to do that.

Translated: “I’m feeling that perhaps you had an expectation to have a spiritual thirst quenched,, maybe two similar ministries to drink from but you came out empty, instead of drinking Jesus went to the fig tree and it was figless.”

And another……”Remember back in the old days when there were soda fountains? I came across this scripture today:
John 4:14"But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a FOUNTAIN of water springing up into everlasting life."
Maybe God is stopping you from drinking something that is bad for you so you can partake of living water.....”

The real life manifestation:

The day after I dreamed the dream, I went to McDonald’s. At this particular McDonald’s, they give you a cup at the cash register and you fill your cup yourself at soda fountains in the dining room. When I went to get my drink out of the soda fountains both machines had Out of Order signs on the diet soda selections (which was the only kind of soda that I drank at the time). I literally couldn’t get a drink at two different soda fountains.

I can hear some people saying; Maybe your dream had a literal manifestation and a message to you from God.

I have dreamed, and seen the literal manifestation, to over six hundred dreams in the last five years – all of which have come true very plainly and literally, and they did not have two meanings. Additionally, neither does the bible set the precedence for dreams having a literal and a symbolic interpretation. According to the bible, and my personal experience, dreams are either prophesying the future or they contain a message.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Wow yeah I am thinking the same thing as I often interpret dreams spiritually and don't sense when they are prophetic. Is it just a gut feeling????

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

ok, that makes sense it's either a dream prophesying the future or it's a message from God. And usually the symoblic dreams have a message?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top