Can the devil give us prophetic dreams?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 am

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can the devil give us prophetic dreams?

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 am

there is no scriptural occurence of this

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:49 am

:)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:26 am

That's what I was going to say...there is nothing in the Word of God that supports that.

Also, I hear people say that you can dream "false" dreams, depending on what's in your subconscious. Is this true? Does this particular "type" of dreaming need to be in scripture to be true? Or is this just "life'? Or is it true at all?

The reason why I ask this is because I mentioned before that my family thinks I'm crazy and part of the things they accuse me of is "subconcious dreaming"...meaning, if I think about something long enough, it goes into my subconscious and I dream about it. If there is truth to it, how can you tell the difference between subconscious dreaming and prophetic dreaming.

I know this may be off topic a bit, but your question made me think about this.

thinking :huh:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 am

Hehe..... you bring up our next topic. Dreams which come about because of much busyness. So hold onto that thought or, better yet, post another thread about it and invite everyone to post their opinions.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:59 am

Well I think we all have already had an understanding that not all dreams mean anything.

I'm only here to discuss those which I know do.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 pm

:book:

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 pm

the question was can the devil give US believers PROPHETIC dreams and that is no.

perhaps the devil can influence our minds and create NIGHTMARES but for the Devil to give a BELIEVER a PROPHETIC dream would be utter blasphemy.

The Devil himself will have had to coordinate the VERY event that he wanted to show a person in their dream.

It is GOD who tells Believers about their futures, not the devil.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm

amen resolution! amen! the fortuneteller was stating something that satan already knew. If satan knew the future he wouldnt have ever rebelled against God. he still thinks he can win, but we all know what REALLY happens in the end. When God speaks through a prophet, He is NEVER wrong, but when satan speaks through a fortunteller, he is wrong a lot of the time...

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks Mia...I will post another thread.

Resolution, it may be the understanding for some that not all dreams mean anything, but I missed that discussion and I would like to know more about it so I will begin another thread. Thanks

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:35 pm

[quote="butterfly"]I must say Resolution that when you write in Caps it is as if you are shouting at me and I do not appreciate it at all.

Secondly Resolution, Daphanie I am not trying to cause any problem but do any of you have an occultic background before you became a Christian? I do.

Prophetic means foretelling events as if by supernatural intervention; "prophetic writings"; "prophetic powers"; "words that proved prophetic". Now you have some Christians whose family was involved heavily in the occult.

Yes, I understand that but that is NOT the same thing as THE DEVIL giving PROPHETIC INSIGHT to a BELIEVER about their future.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Points to ponder:

The bible says that ONLY GOD can tell an event before it happens. That idols could not.

Jesus didn't know the day of his second coming. ONLY the Father in heaven knows. If the devil could have known what killing Jesus would accomplish he wouldn't have done it. The bible says that they wouldn't have if they knew what it would do.

The post above about the woman saying that she knew Paul was of the most high was not foretelling and not prophetic. It was a demon speaking to her what was fact at that time. Not at all the same as telling something that would happen in the future.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:56 pm

I believe that Resolution was emphasizing his words and not shouting. I say this because I also use caps to place emphasis on the important parts of what I am saying.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:58 pm

I agree that everything that you posted in this message is possible. However, that is off topic of can demons tell the future accurately..... This is the kicker.... we are not talking about self-fulfilling prophecies we are talking about things that are not within our control to make happen.

Last edited by Mia on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:06 pm

The Devil is not interested in your future, he wants to attack one NOW.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 pm

you said your friend has Prophetic insight including dreams and visions about herself...those are from GOD.

and as far as her talking to the dead, she's playing with fire there.

the bible forbids that CHRISTIANS should engage in that kind of activity.

but don't expect to be able to change her mind about it with any thing you say, you just have to pray for God to deliver her in His own way.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:25 pm

5 Therefore I told you these things long ago;
before they happened I announced them to you
so that you could not say,
'My idols did them;
my wooden image and metal god ordained them.'

7No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Matthew 24:36
[ The Day and Hour Unknown ] "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Worshiping Other Gods
1 If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

This scripture is saying that people filled with evil (spirits) gave accurate prophecies from God as a test from God. God took responsibility for the prophecies by saying it was Him testing the people.

See, even when false prophets in the bible foretold something which seemed to draw people away from God, God didn't say that it was an evil spirit, He said that HE was testing the people. Which says that God speaks through false prophets, too. What kind of spirit do you think would be inhabiting a false prophet? An evil spirit, but God did not say that it was the evil spirit that gave the prophetic knowledge. Therefore, the Lord was speaking AND an evil spirit was present. (Which could have also been the case with the prophecies of your cousin, butterfly. You got an accurate prophecy and an evil spirit was present simulatenously. Did your cousin die suddenly or was it an illness? Because sometimes if a person is already near death, it's really not that prophetic.)

Pharoah who was an idol worshipper (same as a devil worshipper if you ask me), the butcher and butler (I won't speculate and say these two are idol worshippers but the odds are good), and Nebachadnezzar (another idol worshipper) all had prophetic dreams but they were not in covenant with God, they were not filled with the Holy Spirit, and they were not serving God, but they still saw the future before it happened. Many people would say that they knew those prophecies through demonic spirits but the bible plainly shows us that they were told these things by God.

We have falsely assumed in this day and age that if a person is not Christian and they see the future before it happens it is an evil spirit behind it. But this scripture established a biblical principle that God speaks to whomever He pleases, filled with evil spirits or not, but it doesn't make the evil spirits capable of telling the future accurately.

NOW, the thing I want to caution you all in is this:

Jesus and Beelzebub
22Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"
24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub,[d] the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."

25Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Now, don't assume you've done this and don't allow the devil to try to convince you that you have done this but be very careful. The pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit by giving credit to the devil for something that the Holy Spirit had done. If you give a demon credit for something that God has done but it's not demonic and it is God instead, that is blasphemy - so I would encourage us all to approach these things with EXTREME caution.

Last edited by Mia on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 6 times in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:27 pm

it's good that you mention those guys Mia, because GOD is not ALWAYS cushy about future events.

God foretells the good AND the bad, ESPECIALLY the bad.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Correct. God told the butcher he would die. God sent a prophet in the OT to tell King Hezekiah that he would die - the He extended the deadline and told him he would die in fifteen years. God warned us of famines (old and new testament), He warned us of all the stuff in Revelation, He spoke of Peter denying Christ three times, He told Paul his ship was going to sink and that he'd be taken prisoner....etc etc etc

God tells the truth about everything.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 pm

My point is, that satan may say something to someone about their future, and it may come to pass, but in another instance he may say something else to the person and its WAY wrong. In my opinion he's just guessing.

what

I was trying to reply to this and somehow REALLY MESSED IT UP. :oops: I am sooooooooo sorry, Daph. I meant to quote it. Instead I did this! sorry

Last edited by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hisbeauty4ashes on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi precious ones,

This is a great topic. I believe that only our Beloved father knows all things,and sees all things, and reveals all things. In this only he reveals all truth in a prophetic dream. This is my Jeanie two cents. Mia it is so good you throw this out because it causes us to ponder the heart of our Beloved and the dreams he gives.

I must say I am so on love with Jesus :goofy:

hugsgies
Jeanie

hisbeauty4ashes

View user profile http://www.hisheartbeat4nations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top