Does God have a message for me??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does God have a message for me??

Post by jlm1632 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:18 pm

I had a dream about 2 months ago. It was about my dad which has been passed for
almost 2 years. I've a few thoughts on this dream but not sure what it could mean.

I was in the big house somewhere out in the country. It was very quiet and
peaceful. It looked like I just moved there. I had a dog and pig in the front of
the yard as pets tied to chains. the house was white painted and had white
siding as well. Then I flashed to inside of the house seemed to have many levels
to it.(I think it was third level I was on..tri level home possibly??)I was
sitting in a kicthen area at a table with dad talking like we used to do. he
looked like he was visiting me from somewhere else out of state(I heard south
carolina). he started talking to me about coming back home. He wanted me there
with him not where I was in the house. I decided to agree with him and started
to make plans to return with him. I started to tell him where I am going to put
all the stuff I have and he told me to sell and give away the animlas to someone
who wanted them. I was concerned who would take a pet pig?? Anyway it ended up
on me making making arragements to move back with my father wherever it was he
came from.

Background information: I've had this conversation with my dad when I moved out
breifly for two months. (this was 7 years ago) he didn't think it was a good
idea for me to leave but I told him I wanted to do this. It was a babysitting
job but I moved back home after a disagreement with the woman I was staying with
about money and rent. He never wanted me to leave. he relied on me alot. me and
dad were very close and could talk about just anything. My dad was a religious
man and believed in God on a very deep level. He could quote scripture and
explain the meaning of it to you. He was well liked and would do anything for anybody. I could go on about the things he did and said but I knew he made alot of difference in peoples lives.

I hope maybe someone could tell me if there a message here I need to pay
attention to or apply more prayer to. Any insight into this would be nice. thank you in advance for any insight given.

God bless

Jackie

jlm1632

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does God have a message for me??

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 am

It sounds like your father in the dream is an authority figure, like your heavenly father, someone you can trust and who can give you good advice.

The home sounds nice, how did you feel in the home? Did it feel like home? Do you feel like you need to move to perhaps south carolina perhaps?

To me it sounds like an instructional dream, a dream to encourage and direct.

I hope this resonates, if not please disregard. flower

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jlm1632 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't really know anyone in south carolina as far as family goes. I've an online male freind that lives in south carolina but not have talked to him in about year and half. We are not close anymore due to living far away from one another and never met him person to begin with.

I think you are right about the advice part. my dad was very linked to God himself. Its funny though about the going home part. I grew up in Maryland and Georgia. I hear from my mom that the little town I grew up in has changed alot. I wouldn't even reconize it. I used to get homesick when I thought about maryland but I don't now. It just sounds like I feel don't I belong there or here in georgia. I never had to much peace here anyway. Maryland it looks to be about the same. For most of my life I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere. I didn't fit in much the crowds in ethier place. I made alot of freinds in both states but it didn't feel like home. Alot of turmoil in both places. (I'll explain later quite a long story) When I came back to God I felt like a had a home where I didn't have to be a certain person to fit in or have something special taken away from me. I didn't have to be in a certain place to feel at home. I didn't feel at home there in the dream ethier. I think that's why my dad in the dream suggested I leave and come with him.

Right now I am feeling kind of stuck where I am emotionally and finanically. I feel I really have no place to go home to. I am bit unhappy with my surroundings. I don't feel comfortable where I am at but when I go to church it feels more like a home to me than the place I live.

I hope all this makes sense on the thoughts you've expressed to me on my dream. Your interpetation to me sheds some light on this feeling I've for a long time. I'm going to have to spend some more prayer time on this to get a clear understanding. This interpetation puts me in the right direction i need to be on. thank you for your thoughts and insights on my dream.

Many blessings to you,

Jackie

jlm1632

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 pm

When I read your dream I thought of Luke 18:22. Jesus is talking to "a certain ruler" and he asks Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life. One thing Jesus says is "sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

This earth is not our home, we're just strangers passing through. I think this dream is Father God issuing you an invitation to come, follow Him. I'm not saying you're not born again (and by that I mean that you've come to a time in your life where you admitted you were a sinner, believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, confessed your sin and asked Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior), even the ruler in this story says he has kept all of God's commandments from his youth and Jesus doesn't disagree with him, but I think you're being led into a more intimate walk with God Himself. Dogs and pigs are always spoken of with disdain in the Bible, something of the outside Gentile world, it doesn't surprise me you're to get rid of them in this dream.

South Carolina was the first state in the union to secede during the Civil War. I think you are being called to secede from this world and all its ways and be a sold-out solider and ambassador for Christ.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 pm

I really like Deborahs comments! I agree although I am from Aussie land and so don't know much about the whereabouts of south carolina.

As I was reading your reply I was reminded of when God said to Abraham that he was calling him to go to a land he did not know. I believe all that Deborah said is good and I agree with what she has said. I would also like to add that your home is yes, indeed heaven for we are seated in Heavenly places with Christ and our home is where ever God is. The fact that south carolina was mentioned may mean many things , I would suggest you pray about and seek your self as to what the area means to you personally. I mean, is it a place you have never been before and is God wanting you to move? Or is is symbolic of a place of faith when God called Abraham to go to an unknown land. That land turned out to be the place of blessing and his relatives ended up in the land of compromise in my opinion but Abraham chose the land of faith and blessing of more than enough.

I know how blessed you are to have had a great relationship with your father and how God seems to want you to identify Him as your father.

Bless you heaps!

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 am

Yesterday when I was pondering your post some more I was thinking about your online friend from South Carolina and contrasting that in my mind with the relationship God wants to have with you.
1. You said you haven't talked with him in 18 months.
God wants to talk to you every day.
2. You're not close anymore.
God wants you to draw near to Him and learn to hear the voice of your Bridegroom.
3. You live far away fom one another.
God wants you to be in his everlasting arms, close to His heart.
4. You never met him in person.
God wants to meet with you and teach you all about Himself.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jlm1632 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 pm

wow!! what amazing interpatations!! Some of the things mentioned like south carolina and the civil war. I forgot that it was of historical sinfigance. Also about the conection about the dogs and pigs. I remember my dad telling me about that. I don't remember the exact stories the bible relating to them though. I don't know exactly which one I should follow both interpetation sounds wonderful. I've been to south carolina before but usually we would only pass through when travelling back to maryland or georgia. that's the only time I've been there. I can say this much I truly believe my question has been answered here. I might need a conformation from the almighty himself if this is truly what he wants me to do. Any specific prayer that might help??

Jackie

jlm1632

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 am

Dear Jesus,
I pray for my sister Jackie. I pray you'll give her direction as to what she's supposed to do with her life. If she's supposed to move I ask you give her very clear directions as to where, when and how. I know You desire for her to enter always closer and closer to You so help her to do that. Give her a hunger for Your word, a hunger for Your presence. I pray for financial blessing and good friends to come into her life and for hope to abound in her heart. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top