facebook, myspace, email

View previous topic View next topic Go down

facebook, myspace, email

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Facebook, myspace, email, instant messaging.

I know that these are all forms of "messages"

I am having dreams the voices of the people sending these messages are reading me what they have to say.

I keep dreaming that I am trying to keep these peoples' attention by being witty and funny in my own strength, but I seem to lose their interest or the do now know how to reply to my joking.

Am I trying in my own strength?

I keep dreaming of the same person, trying to keep their attention, but in the end, they just find me average and nothing special.

The person keeps coming back, and I try again, and the person seems to get bored with me,

Any ideas why i keep having these recurring dreams? I had two in one night.

The first is when this person messaged me and we chatted. The whole conversation took place at the bottom of a page.
The second conversation, the person came back to chat with me and the conversation took place at the top of a page.

Bottom to top mean anything?

It was definitely the same dream, 2 separate times and I woke up and fell back asleep to dream again the same thing,

Seems silly, but I am so confused.

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: facebook, myspace, email

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:38 pm

It means two different occassions.

It is probably literal. When you dream something twice in the same night Genesis 41 says it is a literal dream and shortly going to come to pass.

Do you normally experience feelings of inadequacy in meeting those of the opposite sex?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:47 pm

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh Mia,

You nailed it. :) You are very gifted by God. :) I even made note to intentionally not infer the gender of the person. God truly revealed to you my heart. I feel VERY inadequate around the opposite sex.

I love that God shows/proves Himself. :)

In the dream, there was the guy talking to me through myspace and there was an ex-boyfriend that was hanging around. I mentioned the ex-boyfriend's name to the guy I was talking to, but never mentioned we dated in the past- thought about it but didn't mention it.

So, when this dream comes to pass... am I not going to be able to keep his attention or what is God telling me? I guess I am drawing a blank to the point of the dream. :-\

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

You will have a similar occurrence to this but I believe them finding you average is your self-image. I would pray about this because I believe the dream is showing you will have a situation very similar to this but the issue at hand is how you see yourself. I would pray that you seek God's help with that.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 am

Goodness Mia,

I think what is so crazy is that everything that you are saying are details that I have left out of the dream.

Like in the dream, there was a picture of me and I felt like my arms were too fat and did not want this guy to see the picture because I just did not feel like it was a good enough picture. It is me that feels so poorly, and because I feel so inadequate, I have done things to scare guys away in the past.

In the dream, my ex-boyfriend worked for NASA. I kept telling this guy that he worked for NASA, but was holding it back that I used to date him. It was like I was trying to communicate, "Hey, I used to date this big shot. I'm not a nobody!." And yet was holding back the information that I dated him out of fear.

I've had best friends in my life who were the center of attention. Adored and loved by all. I would introduce my new friends to them, or guys I liked, and they were fascinated by these girls. In the dream I wanted this guy to look at me like guys looked at my friends. With adoration and smittenedness. In the dream, this guy did not look at me that way. But he did keep coming back and engaging me.
Please pray for me, I am certainly beating myself up daily because of my hard feelings about myself. Please pray with me, I know God wants to heal me and wants my confidence to be in HIM and not wayward due to failures.

Mia,
Thank you for allowing God to use you in my life,

Emily

Last edited by EmilyM on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tpos)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:12 am

Emily,

These are some things that helped me when I was where you are now:

One things was to understand and recognize that ten percent of people are automatically not going to like you. It's okay. They don't have to.

The second thing is to learn to be nice to yourself. Accept yourself for who you are and like yourself for who you are. One of the ways to do this is to set standards for yourself that are achievable, that you can be happy with.

For instance, I was always beating myself up because my house wasn't spotless. When I say beating myself up, I walked around feeling like garbage most of the time because it wasn't perfect. Finally, I decided to set a standard that I could achieve and be happy with. I decided that I would pick up my house once a day so that it was completely tidy and orderly and I would CLEAN it once per week. If it got messy in between I DON'T CARE. It worked. I feel good about my standards and I feel GREAT that I am happy with them and no longer feeling like a loser over it.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Oftentimes our issues stem from our home life. Sad, but true. If your parents did a lousy job raising you, because they probably have their own issues, recognize that it's never too late to start over. Get some great influences in your life and as you learn from them you will become like them. Bad company corrupts good morals, and good company inspires good morals (habits/etc). My favorite minister says, I'm not where I need to be but I'm not where I used to be. I'm okay and I'm on my way. These kinds of positive thoughts are how I began to dig myself out of the hole of self-loathing.

The third thing is hi-tail it away from critical people like people that are always speaking down to you, even saying things like, Well I would have done it this way..... Those kinds of statement though not as outright critical as some, have the slithering slimy quality of not being blatantly critical but their underlying message is the same. You didn't do it as well as you should have/I would have.

Lastly and most importantly (I use it last because the last things are the things people tend to remember) the most important step to healing is to stay in GOD'S PRESENCE. Get teaching tapes by ministers who have overcome the same things that you are trying to overcome. Joyce Meyer is a great resource for someone who wants to transform. Joyce has some great teachings on confidence and the battlefield of the mind, and it sounds like this is where you lack (....but I feel like it is more than that, a mixture of all the things in this message).

I will definitely pray for you. I know that God will help. But unless it's really necessary, He would prefer that we overcome a situation rather than be delivered from it. Plus, I know that while you are becoming that new creature, He will be there to help you 100% along the way.

Much love, hugs and encouragement,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I went to counselling yesterday and this person said to me that my relationships were reflecting my self image of myself. Strangely the men in my life have always found me to be 'average' and they get sick of me after a while and then the relationship fizzles. I have always felt second rate and the counselor was saying this is because I have always felt like I had to measure up and change for them, and that deeper still this is cause in my growing years I never felt good enough with family and that I felt like I had to change to measure up to their expectations to be liked. You see in fact I had been trying sooo hard to please these men for fear that that would find out the truth about how I saw myself (which was not the truth really) that I was not perfect and that what my family thought of me they would find out that I was not good enough.

I have always felt unattractive and until God showed me that I was beautiful in His sight and to start to see myself in the mirror as loved and precious in my eyes too, to see myself as Christ sees me for this IS THE REAL TRUTH!

Then the couselor said (she isn't christian either) that when I start to see myself as beautiful, then I will stop settling for just anyone who pays me attention and then I will begin to choose men and friends who see me as worthy or respect, love and admiration so to speak.

I hope this resonates with you as I know what you said resonated with me and the dreams interps really meant alot to me.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi Delightful Soul,

Every single thing you said rings true. I've been to a non-Christian counselor, and she has told me the same thing. I have to be able to accept me for me, and not try to measure up to other peoples' standards.

God has really been ministering to me, and opening up my eyes to the truth.

Thank you so much for being vulnerable and open with me. This post is a treasure. :)

God Bless,

EmilyM

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Mia Sherwood wrote:Emily,

These are some things that helped me when I was where you are now:

One things was to understand and recognize that ten percent of people are automatically not going to like you. It's okay. They don't have to.

The second thing is to learn to be nice to yourself. Accept yourself for who you are and like yourself for who you are. One of the ways to do this is to set standards for yourself that are achievable, that you can be happy with.

For instance, I was always beating myself up because my house wasn't spotless. When I say beating myself up, I walked around feeling like garbage most of the time because it wasn't perfect. Finally, I decided to set a standard that I could achieve and be happy with. I decided that I would pick up my house once a day so that it was completely tidy and orderly and I would CLEAN it once per week. If it got messy in between I DON'T CARE. It worked. I feel good about my standards and I feel GREAT that I am happy with them and no longer feeling like a loser over it.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Oftentimes our issues stem from our home life. Sad, but true. If your parents did a lousy job raising you, because they probably have their own issues, recognize that it's never too late to start over. Get some great influences in your life and as you learn from them you will become like them. Bad company corrupts good morals, and good company inspires good morals (habits/etc). My favorite minister says, I'm not where I need to be but I'm not where I used to be. I'm okay and I'm on my way. These kinds of positive thoughts are how I began to dig myself out of the hole of self-loathing.

The third thing is hi-tail it away from critical people like people that are always speaking down to you, even saying things like, Well I would have done it this way..... Those kinds of statement though not as outright critical as some, have the slithering slimy quality of not being blatantly critical but their underlying message is the same. You didn't do it as well as you should have/I would have.

Lastly and most importantly (I use it last because the last things are the things people tend to remember) the most important step to healing is to stay in GOD'S PRESENCE. Get teaching tapes by ministers who have overcome the same things that you are trying to overcome. Joyce Meyer is a great resource for someone who wants to transform. Joyce has some great teachings on confidence and the battlefield of the mind, and it sounds like this is where you lack (....but I feel like it is more than that, a mixture of all the things in this message).

I will definitely pray for you. I know that God will help. But unless it's really necessary, He would prefer that we overcome a situation rather than be delivered from it. Plus, I know that while you are becoming that new creature, He will be there to help you 100% along the way.

Much love, hugs and encouragement,
Mia

Thank you so much, Mia!

What is eerie is that nearly everything you said, God spoke to my heart yesterday before I even read your reply. :)
He's been ministering to me that it is okay not to have it all figured out yet, and I wrote a song to a family member about needing to just have her love and not criticism.
My family loves me and I want to love and honor them, they are getting better are encouraging rather than breaking me down. :)
God has been showing me that He is all I need, and that it is going to take time to heal all of my wounds properly. :) He is teaching me to get through my past rather than delivering me of it. It happened, bad things were done, and God can use my past to help others if I allow Him to. I do not think God intends to deliver me from my past, but to help me use it to help others in the same situation.

I want to thank you so very much for allowing God to use the gifts He's given you for His glory! God has been doing nothing but confirming what He has been speaking to me through you. :) It really does help and it really means a lot!!

I've been able to apply what you have said about not caring about what others think of me, but continuing to bless them. Had a few situations where I was not paying attention in class last night, and it showed. Rather than beating myself up, I accepted the moment for what it was, and changed my behavior. Nobody's opinion broke me down!!

God is so good!

Thank you again,

Emily

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

:loveit: :praiseg-d:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top