FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Post by SaraSmile on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:17 am

I agree with what has been said. God did give us emotions and feelings but we can't depend on those, only on God because our feelings are tied in with our own understanding and he says "Lean not on our own understanding"

SaraSmile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Learning to balance emotions

Post by karenburns2008 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:57 am

I can attest to the fact that if you rely on emotions only to go about your life, you are for a roller coaster of a ride. For the first part of my life my feelings ruled my life and because of that they brought me nothing but heartbreak and grief. I was impulsive and did whatever my feelings told me to do. Many times because of that I sinned greatly against our Lord. In the past 15 years I have learned that while emotions are from God, we need to learn to manage them. No matter what we are "feeling" we need to be in the word of God and whatever that feeling is telling me to do, then I need to put it up against scripture. I have found that anytime there is an urgency for me to do something based on my feelings I need to stop right there, and wait. It has been especially been difficult for me as I have battled depression, and during those times I really need to grounded in the Word. I praise God that He has shown this to me and is always right! thumbs

karenburns2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Karen, good word. I am a feely person too. The Lord has really had to reign in my emotions as I am very sensitive not only to my feelings but others as well. So I can sense all emotions coming from people and I would enternalize them. However not so much anymore, God has and still is delivering me...

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:57 am

Lori,

Me too! I am very sensitive but have been working very hard at not wearing my feelings on my sleeve so to speak. We are to be in control of everything God gives us including our emotions.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:38 am

Connie,
I love how the Lord uses our emotions for Him and others and yet how He teaches us that we have to have lined up with His word. If they are not lined up with His word they are out of control and ruleing us instead of us instead of us ruleing them. This feeling journey has been a long and bumpy road, but I know this last season of cleansing for me was a biggy and hopefly one I won't forget.. I know there is more... praiseGod

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Lori,

We are all still learning. God is so good and patient with us....He just gently keeps reminding us that we need our feelings but our feelings don't need us. In other words we are the master over our feelings, they are not the master over us.

God bless,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Yes Amen.... :bighug:

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 am

I always felt like emotions/feelings in dreams were relevant (because I'm an "emotional type of person") but I guess I didn't try to connect real life feelings to my feelings in dreams because I thought feelings were inaccurate because they were in my dreams. I don't know about you all, but I was told that dreams are nonsense and from our imagination so they aren't really important. But then when I would have feelings of dejavu and real-life events would turn out EXACTLY the way my dreams would, I started questioning.

Also, being new with the dream interpretation thing, I was told that feelings really don't matter since "our feelings come from our heart and the bible says in Jeremiah that the 'heart is wicked/deceitful above all things who could understand it, etc'? so I immediately think because my emotions are fickle, they must not to be true or they are just a product of my imagination.

I can't explain it, but I guess since many feel like emotions are unimportant or that its not "okay to feel" just move on...I started to think that emotions weren't important and not as much of a big deal as say "symbols" would be--boy was I wrong!!!

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 am

You are right that our feelings are fickel and can deceive us. And we need to pull down and repent of feelings of hatred, jelousy, bitterness, rage, self entitlement,. and those kinds of feelings that lead to sin.

But I dont think all feelings are irrevelant. Jesus wept. I do believe he wept because he felt sad. In the garden He got disapointed in the diciples cause they would not pray with Him even one hour. Jesus was moved with compassion and he healed, compasion is a feeling. He got angry and he took a whip to the money tables in the temple. Pslm. Be glad. Rejoice.. Dance.. Shout for Joy... Laughter does good like medicine.. Not all feelings are bad. Just ones that cause sin...

Feelings are something that we need to keep under the word however. God gave us our feelings and therefore they are not irrelavent, to say they are irrelvaent is saying God gave us something that He shouldn't have or something bad. They just need to be lined up with the word and if they aren't we need to repent and change our thoughts and then our feelings will change..

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lily on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:24 pm

This is going to be my third post here at the forum, but I've got to say that since finding this site a few days ago, I've already learned a lot and gained much!

I was never advised to pay attention to my feelings in dreams when attempting to interpret them, so I don't have a lot of experience in that regard. Still, I never disregarded them, I just didn't take it as another part of the interpretation process. I'll be paying attention to them now!

I believe I've had dreams where God has put me through an experience that someone in my life has had, just so I can experience first hand the emotions they felt (empathy). In these dreams, the whole point was the feelings!!

lily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:32 pm

lily wrote:

I believe I've had dreams where God has put me through an experience that someone in my life has had, just so I can experience first hand the emotions they felt (empathy). In these dreams, the whole point was the feelings!!

I have TOTALLY had this happen to me too!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 pm

I had to post this as it is so relevant to some of my recent 'vision' manifestations. Mia I concur 'feelings' are so important in dreams and I will learn to pay attention to them.

I would like to share a few examples of what has been manifested;
I have been praying about my vocation/work situation and since Feb/2011 I have been having repeated dreams with the same theme.

I was seating in the back seat with my sister and a colleague was sat in the passengers seat. As the car was driving off I looked through the back window and I saw my car parked in what appeared as a school and the gates where about to close. I recall thinking/feeling why am I allowing someone else to drive me?

MANIFESTATION;
I did feel at one point that I was allowing my supervisor/therapist to dictate my next career move despite me feeling that I was more than capable of going in a completely different direction. I did allow her to drive me and this has made things a little uncomfortable for me.

Then I dreamed that my principal therapist gave me a dress to try on which I did and it was incredibly tight and uncomfortably. I later tried on a similar dress which fit perfectly.

MANIFESTATION;
I took my principal therapists advice despite not wanting to and boy am I feeling this discomfort because although her advice seemed constructive I listened to it and now I am currently experiencing the discomfort I felt in the dream, her advice had the complete opposite effect it led nowhere!

In another dream I asked one of the other therapists for a pair of sandals which looked really comfortable, instead she gave me an open toe pair which wasn't to my taste and I felt uncomfortable but it fit perfectly.

Then I had another dream where I had a dress on but it was a bit too tight on the calf so my mother decided to make adjustments to the dress at which point I was ready to see what I looked like in the mirror and it was perfect, I was ready to go on stage/perform...

Despite the discomfort I am currently feeling I'm sure that something good will happen in the end so lets watch and see. The funny thing in all of this is that I had these dreams way in advance and many more that seem to bring clarity in that I should have been trusting God to bring the blessing instead of taking 'mans' advice. It appeared sweet at the time but did not serve any purpose...

I will pay much more attention to my dreams especially because quite recently my feelings in my dreams are quite prophetic. Mia I believe that you referenced when Jesus predicted that Peter would deny Him Peter was convinced that he would not do such a thing but he later discovered that he did. I digress; I always believed that I stuck to my plans and if God said no or wait on a particular matter I would listen but the 'feelings' in my dreams have clearly shown me that it is not always the case so 'feelings' in dreams can be very prophetic indeed!

Chioma

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm

That's right. Feelings in dreams can actually alert us to a situation that God showed us in advance through the identical feeling in real life.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I have read this whole thread and have really enjoyed it so far! I too have learned on this site how important "feelings" are in understanding our dreams. My first time here almost two years ago, it was because even though I had been having international prophetic dreams all of my life, I was finding myself challenged with a dream that made me believe that my husbands life might be in danger. I was immediately drawn in to discussions and lessons that helped me to understand though the dream looked terrifying the end of the dream was lighthearted and so it was in real life as it manifested.
It is all a journey. I am very thankful for the ministry here.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm

:glory:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:41 pm

I too love your new photo Mia......love it!!!!

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:31 pm

=)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi,

I believe that feelings are relevant... I learned early on from reading your posts Mia, that when you ask someone how they felt and if they feel that way anywhere in real life, often it will lead them to the right general direction... from there, it seems that the symbols are not so very hard to understand.

I have a lot of dreams that don't really focus on feelings... and in those cases, I don't think they are really that important, except perhaps to indicate that it is not an emotive subject/event for me.

I'm just now going back to my dreams after being a bit discouraged and putting them down for a while... I was prompted by a dream to pay attention and care about them again. I think that as I read through them and try to make sense of them (because I've had more practice now than I had 6-8 months ago) I will note the feelings and see if that leads me to recognise manifested dreams that I had perhaps missed because I didn't/don't understand the symbols.

Thanks for this thread... I believe that feelings are every bit as important in helping us to discern the meaning of our dreams as colours and symbols and numbers are.

Now that I think of it.... perhaps a thread on what colours mean, if they actually, biblically mean anything at all??? It just occurred to me that perhaps sometimes we have assigned meanings to colours because of our culture??? eg: white meaning purity... etc. I can think of some uses of colour in the bible, like God's hair being white as wool that would suggest this kind of meaning, but does it follow that it always means these things.... white could mean cold in a dream for example, cos' snow is white.

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks, Diane!

I loved your post! Great observations and I'm happy to hear you are back in the saddle! God's got good stuff for you!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top