FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I have another digging session for all of you! So PLEASE participate.

Please tell me why you believe that feelings are irrelevant. I expect some great things to come out of this and I believe we got some really good stuff out of our conversation about numbers in dreams so let's move on to this subject next!

Looking forward to your submissions.

Last edited by Mia on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 pm

in the dream I had about my husband cheating, i was so absorbed with how WRONG he was. When in fact i was the one who was wrong in the end sice it was about me getting jealous about football. :giggle:

The feelings in my dream would have been misleading if i were paying to much attention to them in thinking that I should follow the way i felt in my dream. Dont know why i'd ever do that, but for some reason, i've had some confusion over that in the past. I believe the feelings we have in our dreams are prophetic of what our emotions will be unless we see it as a warning and pray for Gods help in changing our hearts before the situation happens. if your anger leads to sin in your dream, i dont feel that is a dream that's giving you Godly advice to sin in your anger, but to warn you and to pray. praying

love,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOR ALL MEMBERS; Please join in - Why do we believe that feelings are not relevant?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Great post Daph! In that dream you didn't know that you were wrong. It just prophesied how you would be feeling in a future situation.

Feelings in dreams reveal an upcoming experience and what you WILL feel! The Lord reveals the coming situation through your feelings but another principle of dream interpretation, and an important one, is that even if God says it is going to happen in advance, that doesn't mean that is what He wants to happen. Think of Jesus telling Peter that Peter was about to deny Him three times.

Jesus said it in advance, which made it prophetic, but that didn't necessarily mean that was what He would have chosen for Peter to do.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm

So do you believe that feelings are or are not relevant in our spiritual walk?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Of course I do. God gave us feelings to move us to action, promt us to worship God with so much adoration that we dont care who sees us running around the church sanctuary full of the Holy Spirit!!! Jesus had emotions, He wept. God has emotions too...there was a time he was grieved that he made man and chose to rid the world of evil through the flood. (Genesis 6:6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.) He gets angry and jealous. Im not humanizing God, just pointing out that we are made in His image, and we were given emotions from God.
However we can become decieved and allow satan to influence us to abuse our emotions by sinning in them and hurting others and God. I believe God gave us emotions as a tool to aid us in our spiritual walk by guidence through Him.

love,
Daph

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:50 pm

I concur Miss Daph!!! You took the words right from my finger tips...LOL!

I NEVER paid attention to feelings in my dreams before coming to this site. I never thought it was important...I was ONLY paying attention to the content of the dream. Now I realize that emotions are important...not to react right away on, but like Mia said, to show us how we WILL feel when the manifestation occurs.

You should see me when I wake up from a dream now...I talk to myself...you can hear me say out loud while I'm grabbing for my journal and pen "what was I feeling, what was I feeling". I have to make sure I know that because God knows Miss Mia will ask... rofl

Thanks for the discussions...I like them A LOT!!! flower

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Cholette wrote:I concur Miss Daph!!! You took the words right from my finger tips...LOL!

I NEVER paid attention to feelings in my dreams before coming to this site. I never thought it was important...I was ONLY paying attention to the content of the dream. Now I realize that emotions are important...not to react right away on, but like Mia said, to show us how we WILL feel when the manifestation occurs.

You should see me when I wake up from a dream now...I talk to myself...you can hear me say out loud while I'm grabbing for my journal and pen "what was I feeling, what was I feeling". I have to make sure I know that because God knows Miss Mia will ask... rofl

Thanks for the discussions...I like them A LOT!!! flower
:sarcastic:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:58 pm

hee hee

Daph

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hisbeauty4ashes on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi all,

I am honestly a bit out of it do to back surgery but I had posted an encounter I had on the vision and dreams discussion board because of an experience I had. If you all can take a look at it I would be greatful.

Your questions to, "are feelings important in a dream?" Humm. I pondered that in what brain waves I have left.lol!

I believe at times they can be warnings of further reactions to come to certain situations. I have also experienced feelings and I would do certain actions in a dream that I would never normally do in real life and found them to be out of Character for myself.These dreams where never played out in the future events and often wondered humm why that action or feeling instead of this action and feeling. I often get stuck on that.

Dreams are interesting and I find at times feelings are warnings but I have also experienced them as nothing at all. duh so we live we learn we wonder and he reveals.

Huggies
Jeanie

hisbeauty4ashes

View user profile http://www.hisheartbeat4nations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Here are my thoughts.

Our emotions are God-given. As with everything that God gives us, they have to be properly managed. Our emotions should move us toward God--not away from Him. In other words, HOW we use our emotions makes them relevant or irrelevant in our spiritual walk.

For example, I should only allow anger to be directed in such a way that will cause me to rise up and fight for what's righteous. I believe it was David who asked, "is there not a cause?" Here my anger should be directed to a "cause." Jesus modeled this when He became angry at the moneychangers in the temple. He directed His anger in such a way that He did something about cleaning up the House of God.

We must, however, be careful not to be led by our emotions. We must only be led by the Spirit of God. In the words of Jeremiah (17:9), "the heart is deceitful above all else and is desperately wicked; who can understand it?" "Heart" here refers to the mind, will and emotions. Our "hearts" can deceive us and move us to respond inappropriately to situations.

Last edited by Delaine on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 pm

:clap:

You posted almost exactly what I just told Daphanie in PM before starting this thread.

praiseGod

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Wow! thumbs

Delaine

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 pm

praiseGod

Oh Lord! You are SOOOOO GOOD!

Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:51:33 PM): ALl I Could think of is Saul became ANGRY when the holy spirit came upon him
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:51:37 PM): and THEN he acted on that anger
daphanie02 (10/20/2008 8:51:46 PM): hm
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:51:47 PM): Jesus was angry and whipped a bunch of people
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:51:58 PM): be ye angry and SIN NOT
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:52:12 PM): God GAVE US FEELINGS
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:52:43 PM): The other night...........
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:52:57 PM): I felt that tension and knew it was revelation from God about you
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:53:32 PM): i had a feelign of tension and i asked you if something was wrong
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:53:37 PM): because i coudl feel it
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:53:56 PM): which was God confirming revelation through emotion right before this question came up
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:24 PM): i believe we should not be 'led'
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:27 PM): by our feelings
daphanie02 (10/20/2008 8:54:32 PM): EXACTLY
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:34 PM): but that doesn't mean that feelings don't bear revelation
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:35 PM): either
daphanie02 (10/20/2008 8:54:39 PM): EXACTLY
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:43 PM): there's a difference in being emotional
Mia Sherwood (10/20/2008 8:54:48 PM): and getting revelation through feeligns

All three major points that I made were the same as your three paragraphs.

lol!

Last edited by Mia on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:35 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!
love,
Daph
happy dance

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 pm

hisbeauty4ashes wrote:Hi all,

I am honestly a bit out of it do to back surgery but I had posted an encounter I had on the vision and dreams discussion board because of an experience I had. If you all can take a look at it I would be greatful.

Your questions to, "are feelings important in a dream?" Humm. I pondered that in what brain waves I have left.lol!

I believe at times they can be warnings of further reactions to come to certain situations. I have also experienced feelings and I would do certain actions in a dream that I would never normally do in real life and found them to be out of Character for myself.These dreams where never played out in the future events and often wondered humm why that action or feeling instead of this action and feeling. I often get stuck on that.

Dreams are interesting and I find at times feelings are warnings but I have also experienced them as nothing at all. duh so we live we learn we wonder and he reveals.

Huggies
Jeanie

I like the new pic. thumbs

I have dreams that I don't think mean much either but as soon as I wake up I can literally sense (I would call it a feeling - it feels different) a complete difference between those dreams and prophetic dreams.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:45 pm

daphanie02 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!
love,
Daph
happy dance

Is that confirmation or WHAT!?!?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 pm

YES praiseGod

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hisbeauty4ashes on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for the comment on the new picture. Yes senses and feeling are alike eh. HHA!

hisbeauty4ashes

View user profile http://www.hisheartbeat4nations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:32 am

um sooo much stuff,i beleive feelings play a huge roll in your dreamlife,they convey wat pictures cant,if you remove the feelings it would be like a silent movie,i guess the main thing is not to be a victim of your feelings,there, i feel ive said enuff, lol! thinking D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:21 am

Well here is my two cents worth. I must say that feelings pay a huge part in my dream life as well. To me it would be empty without the feelings...it would be like having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the jelly....something is just missing.

Love in Christ,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am

Mia wrote:Great post Daph! In that dream you didn't know that you were wrong. It just prophesied how you would be feeling in a future situation.

Feelings in dreams reveal an upcoming experience and what you WILL feel! The Lord reveals the coming situation through your feelings but another principle of dream interpretation, and an important one, is that even if God says it is going to happen in advance, that doesn't mean that is what He wants to happen. Think of Jesus telling Peter that Peter was about to deny Him three times.

Jesus said it in advance, which made it prophetic, but that didn't necessarily mean that was what He would have chosen for Peter to do.

Okay, I'm having a WOW moment! I think Mia that you made this point before in another thread, but the scripture reference really illuminated the idea... idea

I just thought of several instances where people that I know have made decisions (sometimes life changing decisions) based on dreams that they believe are from God. The fact that they may well be from God BUT are not necessarily what He wants to have happen is deep! (That explains why some of these people are so confused now...)

Which then leads to the next question...how do you know? This is why additional prayer, confirmation from others, and an understanding of dream interpretation principles (not to mention patience) is SOOO important!

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 am

Delaine wrote:Here are my thoughts.

Our emotions are God-given. As with everything that God gives us, they have to be properly managed. Our emotions should move us toward God--not away from Him. In other words, HOW we use our emotions makes them relevant or irrelevant in our spiritual walk.

For example, I should only allow anger to be directed in such a way that will cause me to rise up and fight for what's righteous. I believe it was David who asked, "is there not a cause?" Here my anger should be directed to a "cause." Jesus modeled this when He became angry at the moneychangers in the temple. He directed His anger in such a way that He did something about cleaning up the House of God.

We must, however, be careful not to be led by our emotions. We must only be led by the Spirit of God. In the words of Jeremiah (17:9), "the heart is deceitful above all else and is desperately wicked; who can understand it?" "Heart" here refers to the mind, will and emotions. Our "hearts" can deceive us and move us to respond inappropriately to situations.

Cholette -

Thank you for posting this! (And thanks to Daph too for a similar post...) thumbs

This is another WOW! moment for me....

While I'm not quick to react out of an emotion this post still convicted me. Am I managing my emotions properly? Am I always led by the Holy Spirit or do I (more than I'd like to admit) allow my emotions to lead me? (no, need to comment, I know the answer... laugh) And when I allow my emotions to lead me aren't I setting myself up for the enemy to come in and play with my emotions by amplifying them so that molehills become mountains and small issues become Goliaths?

This one is a principle I have to pray about more...

I met someone over the weekend who is having a hard time on her job. Don't have time to go into the details but she recently received feedback from her boss that she feels is unfair and untrue. But it ties to this directly because the root of her problem is that because she doesn't manage her emotions, she overreacts in situations - it's like she wears her emotions on her shoulder. And she has a dominant personality so when she reacts, people are imtimidated. Her personality is so strong that others who met her challenged her regarding her issue. Through the conversation, it became clear that it's her mismanagement of her emotions that gets her in trouble at work, it's not the initial issue that is raised to her.

Again, this one is a principle I have to pray and meditate more about... praying thinking

Blessings,

Lurdys

Last edited by lola21st on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarified a point)

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:17 am

thinking

My thought here is that we have feelings to move us to action but also to reveal our true nature or inner self. I have dreams that sometimes make me face a situation that has been to difficult for me to face in real life. The Lord has been using this inner healing process with me for many years. My wounds from the past were so deep within me that I could not bring them to the surface.....the pain being to great. The Lord used those feelings to bring it to light in dreams. This way I could handle the pain and be healed. I pray I am making sense here. To ask why we believe feelings are not relevant seems almost silly to me. The Lord gave us feelings to move us to act. We are given Sadness that we may know Joy and so on. To answer the question, Yes I believe feelings are relevant.

I pray this is of help.

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:47 am

That is a really great response, Connie. BTW, I so meant to say Happy Birthday on the 9th but ended up working ALL DAY so I'm sorry. :oops:

Happy Birthday!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:53 am

Mia,

happy dance Well I will take that Happy Birthday with gladness! Thanks so much for even thinking about it. God bless and have an awesome day in the Lord! :book:

Love in Christ,

Connie :cmere:

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top