Hearing a voice prior to falling asleep?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hearing a voice prior to falling asleep?

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 am

Hi. I am kinda new here- have been a lurker for a while. I have been having odd dreams off and on for a few months, but can't remember them clearly enough to ask much about them.
My question now is different, and if it doesn't fit here, please forgive me. For years- this is gonna sound really odd- but I have heard a voice yelling at me sometimes right before falling asleep. Usually it is just random words "pick up the chair" being yelled in my head, etc..

I have had a lot of huge questions for my Lord lately- in the midst of strugglng with faith and beliefs as well, and I don't want to believe anything falsly. I believe some of my dreams lately are connected to that, which is what led me here. But the other night, I heard a name yelled in my head. This is the first time it hasn't been a random word. This was the first and last name of someone I've never heard of before- but I looked it up online and the name actually exists- and in my state!!!! I have specifically been asking God to help me to find someone who could give me help with some very deep, dark personal problems I am having. Could this have been an answer- or could this "yelling" just be similar to that jump people have right before falling asleep? I am scared to death to look up and call this person, becouse I have recieved no other sign about it. i don't want to ever doubt God- but how do I know if this was even from him or not?
I hope you guys realize where all I'm going with this and can please offer some kind of advice?

Prayers would be deeply appreciated as well, becouse I am in a very dark place, and am trying to find God and truth in the midst of it.
Thankyou for your time!! wave

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hearing a voice prior to falling asleep?

Post by owen on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Basically, I would like to advice you to read our maual which is the Bible, it is the established written Word of God. God does not do to anything that contradicts to His written word. If we are struggling with Faith, this verse will help:
Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
The good thing is, you want to believe the Truth (and I don't want to believe anything falsly) and God will lead you there. He has promised for those who seek Him that they will be found by Him.
Deut 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
About hearing voices, you have to test the spirit if it really comes from God, remember, God does not do or say anything that contradicts to His established word.
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
These questions may guide or help you to indentify if you hear from God or not:
1. What is the voice telling you? Does it agree to Word of God or not?
2. Is the voice asking you something for you to do? Will it glorify or magnify His name? (I am scared to death to look up and call this person.)
God is a God of purpose. Everything He says or do has purpose according to His eternal plan. He doenst do anything for the sake of doing. You heard the voice telling you "pick up the chair" Did the voice tell you what are you going to do with the chair? If you just heard "pick up the chair" and thats all, it doesnt make sense. There is no purpose.
Ex 15:23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they [were] bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
Ex 15:24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
Ex 15:25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, [which] when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
Ex 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the Lord that healeth thee. Consider this verses in the Bible.
Ex 15:23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they [were] bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
Ex 15:24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
Ex 15:25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, [which] when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,

God showed Moses a tree. And by implication, God told him to cast the tree into the water. And the bitter waters were made sweet. There was a purpose of casting the tree. There are tons of Biblical passages when God told His servant to do something just to accomplish His purpose.

"I have specifically been asking God to help me to find someone who could give me help with some very deep, dark personal problems I am having."I believe that your dark personal problems has something to do with your dreams. I think it is improper to ask you to tell your dark personal problem here because by reading your post, it seems very serious.(unless you are not ahame, but bold to tell it here) It is still best to find someone in your church who is reliable, trustworthy and spiritually filled christian whom you can talk face to face. I advice you to pray that He may lead you to a spiritual mentor who can help you.
I also believe that here(Mia Sherwood ministries) you can find many wise advices from spiritually wise Christians like Mia(I hope she can read your post).

I have a friend who also heard a voice, she told me her story. And I can share with you her story. But first I want to read your reply on this.

Remember, all you need right now is His Word, the Bible our manual. Read it night and day.

I know everyone here is willing to help you. God bless!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Thankyou so much for your answer. That is kind of my problem. I don't know how to try this as to whether it is from God or not, becouse it is just a name. The "pick up the chair" was just an example, becouse I do hear random words at times. This is the first time ever that I have heard a name, and therefore wondered if it had something to do with my prayers? I thought maybe I'm just more open at that time? - but then that brings out the worry wort in me. becouse if i am more open at that time, I could be letting anything in I guess. i can't go into details out of respect to other people,.

Some of my problem is leraning to have faith that God will handle something that I can not in any way do anything about, and I am really struggling with that. I can't talk to those in my church becouse they don't believe in anything like this. I see verses totally different from others in church, and I struggled with that for a long time and ended up leaving the church for about 10 years.
I would try and tell about the dreams, becouse I am not sure they are even related or not, but i am scared I won't remember them accurately to ask about them. I just know that 1 of the 2 that I can remember right now had and archway/arbor made form a tree branch and there was a view of a field throug it. I could only go through it if a certain person was with me and they weren't there. In the other, it was a whole tunnel of tree branches doing that (like a cave tunnel)- but I was able to go through this one and it took me to another part of town. (well, a nonreal town I suppose becouse I didn't recognize it). I have had severa, but those were the only images that have really stuck with me. The freaky thing to me was the name being yelled to me. It effected me so much I wrote it down and googled it online the next day.

I thankyou for the scriptures!! I will study them more. Forgive me, but I didn't really understand the connection with the verses in Ex. 15? Thats my fault. I am slow at a lot, lol. I am thankful for your advice and the time you took with the scriptures for me. Any prayers I am also grateful for. I desperately need them.
Thankyou so much!!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

The "pick up the chair" was just an example, becouse I do hear random words at times. This is the first time ever that I have heard a name, and therefore wondered if it had something to do with my prayers? I thought maybe I'm just more open at that time? - but then that brings out the worry wort in me. becouse if i am more open at that time, I could be letting anything in I guess. i can't go into details out of respect to other people,.

By those statements, I am convinced that what you are hearing is not from the HOly Spirit or God, remember that there are other spirits that are not from God. And what you are hearing has no divine purpose. This is what I mean of Ex.15:23-26. God spoke to Moses to cast the tree into the waters and the waters were made sweet. Moses heard the voice God. and He told Him to do something that complies with His purpose.
I also met people who heard voices, but other voices, not Gods voice because when I traced their family tree, their grandparents were witches and warlocks. And this spirit of witchcraft has been handed down to their children and grandchildren. So these people (few of them are my friends) they could hear voices, as spirit guides.

Try to trace your family line. I believe one or some of your grandparents or great great grandparents were involved to witchcraft.

Take this verse.
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

and aswer these questions:

When you hear voices, do they impart peace?
Do they come to you gently?
Do you sense purity on it?

If you feel the opposite such as fear, worry, spiritul oppression or every negative feelings. Then, it does not come from God because it contradicts James 3:17.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I do pray for you.

I also understand your situation. I can not deny that some churches would tend to reject such kind of problem like yours, instead of helping, they deny it by refusing to believe. But dont worry, God does not reject you, your problem is just a piece of cake for Him.

I leave you with these verses.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.

He is forever faithful!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Thankyou so much!! I can't promise, but I don't believe there is witchcraft in my family. On the other hand, i have had aquaintances in my past that are more closely related to someone I am close to- and they have to do with some of the darkness in my life right now (and yes, they are a part of some very dark activities). They haven't wanted me to interfere. I have been praying hard for God's intervention. No, I'm not directly involved- I just care and want to help someone. And threats have been made. I guess I just hoped too much that either the name or the dreams were some kind of answer.
Exodus 15 made a lot more sense to me that time- in how it applied.

I asked this question to some at church, and they said it doesn't aply today- that Jesus words were directly to the desciples and that we are to follow the New Law which came into effect after his death. There are several, but one example I am specifically asking about it Matt. 21:21-22 (and others like it). By this and other verses, my hope is that if I pray in faith- in the name of Jesus Christ- without doubting at all in my heart (as some other verses say as well), that i can pray something for someone, that no person alone could make happen- and God would make it happen? I don't know that I would literally try to move a mountain as one verse states, but I just wonder how "literally" i am supposed to take this and hope in it?
I apologize. I am asking all kinds of questions now. Its all kinda related though. I just want so badly to help someone out of a very evil situation that no human as far as I know could help them out of - and I know they want out of it. Only God can help them. Do you know if fasting helps in prayers such as this? I have never tried as i am a diabetic- but if its something God wants, I guess he would provide a way? Maybe I need to PM with somebody rather than talking about this on here? unless its ok?
Thankyou for your time and help!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm

James 1:8 Oh my goodness. Would you say I am doubleminded? I try so hard not to be. I also worry about the verse that talks about always studying but never coming to knowledge- I know I am not quoting correctly, I apologize. I do want to come only to a knowledge of the truth and nothing else, but I worry myself to death about it.

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Two years after I became a Christian, I discovered that my grandparents in my mother side were involved in witchcraft. I ddnt know it, until I myself did my own research. But if neither of your grandparents were involved in witchcraft, that is a good news. I hopre so.

I believe you are in the right track of your biblical beliefs. I dont see anything wrong of what you have said with regards to Bible. The holy Spirit in you will bear witness in your heart if what you believe is wisdom from above(James 3:17) Go on, believe what the word of God says in your heart. I know you believe that with God nothing is impossible, it is said by our Lord Jesus. As long as what you believe is in accordance with His established Word, then, go for it. Take it. It is yours.
About fasting, there are many ways to fast, and there are several forms of fasting.. But if you would like to PM me or others from here, I believe you can. I would not mind if you PM me. I will be glad to help.

God bless you!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I tried . There seems to be a post limit. Thats ok. Thankyou so much for your kind words. you don't know how much I appreciate it. I have always struggled with self doubt- partly becouse I did believe so differently from others I knew. Leaning on God instead of myself is a daily struggle as well- so any words or prayers any time are welcome.Thankyou so much!!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 pm

It doesnt mean you believe differently from others, then you are wrong. Do not measure yourself by others. Paul said it is unwise. We have to measure ourselves by the word of God.
2Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I will remember you in my prayer time!!

God bless!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Thankyou so much- For ALL your help- especially for the prayers!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Hello,

=)

I think that I personally would research the person's name, who's name that I heard. I don't think there is any harm in searching. It's God's glory to conceal a matter and man's glory to uncover a matter.

I will check back tomorrow and reply further when I'm not so tired.

Mia

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:55 pm

So you mean research the name, and let God somehow show me if it was from him or not? I guess I just haven't yet learned to let God show me things- and doing it in his time as well. I pray for his help or for him to handle what I can't- but I nearly always take it all back. I pray he can forgive me and change me in that.It has probably been one of my biggest downfalls since searching for him again.
Thankyou for responding. It is such a joy to find people who's hearts are truly"with God" (I don't know if thats the right words or not) "consciensious" - but yet are so open minded. I say that becouse i only know 2 extremes in my life- and this is very new for me. I'll hush becouse I am just talking about everything. Sorry!!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:04 pm

huggins Don't bother hushing. We prefer when you interact.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:12 pm

hee hee

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi again!
Owen - Whenever I have met the minimum on posts, I would like to get your insight on fasting! Thankyou!

Mia - I know you were very tired before. Were you able to put together any insight on my situation possibly? If not, I completely understand.

Without a huge memory of it, is there any point in asking for any insight from anyone about my dreams? I know God may speak to me in totally different symbols then others may recieve for the same meaning (I think I read that somewhere here). I just can't seem to understand if they are symbols or what they mean. I am mainly referring to all the bent over trees that make an archway or something (like a doorway almost). And the funny thing is. I drew a picture way back in 6th grade of the same kind of tree, lol.

About the name. I googled, and found a bunch of people with that name. One close in residence to me (or within the same city); one near the person I am so worried about - which is a good distance from me- but in the same state; several in other states nearby, and one clear across country is a real estate agency with the name. (no, i've never looked for real estate out that way, so I know it didn't come from that). Thats all I could really find out yet.
If I am truly searching for God, I don't THINK a spirit of darknes would be able to fool me? I know we can be sent strong delusions if we refuse to believe the truth- but I try to be open to anything God wants me to know. And I have prayed for years (even when looking at other belief systems, lol) that i will only know and accept his truth and nothing else. But I still worry- partly becouse of the kind of reasons Owen gave, partly becouse I know evil IS involved in the problems- and I don't know what they are capable of), ..I lost my train of thought there, I'm sorry.

One last thing, I recieved a message today that the person I am so worried about has given up and doesn't want me to try and help or anything. I need some answers desperately and some deep prayers for this person, and for me- and my faith please. I need help and answers and need to know its from God.

Thankyou all!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:27 pm

I always go first to the bible for an example of a symbol. In this case, the first thing that tree made me think of was "tree of life" and Jesus is the door to the tree of life.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Revelation 2:7
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
Revelation 22:14
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

Right before I go to sleep is PRIMETIME for me with regard to receiving visions and revelations. I never worry about being deceived because I KNOW His voice. I can tell if it's the Lord or not, and if I am mistaken as to wether or not what I received was from God, HE WILL TELL ME. God will not let me be deceived. He is bigger than the devil.

Trust that your revelations are from God and if they are not, trust that He cares enough to straighten you out.

Some of the most amazing things that have happened in my life have been the result of stepping out on a limb but maybe God led you HERE, by way of the questions, to get your help from us.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Thought of in that light, it would make a lot of sense! Especially the 1st verse you gave!
I have been praying so heavily for my specific situation, i have forgotten about my other prayers, and never even thought about my dreams- or the name, applying to anything other than that situation.
Goodness, so many questions in my head!!
Thankyou so much for your thoughts and time. Maybe God did want me to come here so I could learn to hear him and not worry so much!!!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:59 pm

lightservant wrote: Maybe God did want me to come here so I could learn to hear him and not worry so much!!!

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 pm

God delivered me from absolutely life destroying paralyzing fear through dreams and visions.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:08 pm

I think satan knows my weaknesses are more related to fear and worry than anything else.
I promised God I would trust him and have faith that he would take care of thise situation- and that I wouldn't doubt. But I still worry, and plan, etc.. I don't think I even know how to totally put it in his hands and not worry anymore.

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Every single time I start to worry, I pray. Takes a dozen times or so at first but I promise you if you do it everytime... even just, HELP ME LORD! You will see that worry LEAVE! The peace of God that passes understanding will overcome that worry!

Pray. Just say, God Help me! Every single time you start to worry. You will be amazed at how awesomely He will answer your prayers. Just stick to praying every time and you will see a world of difference. God's peace will comfort and protect you!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lightservant on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:17 pm

I thankyou both again for everything said, and all your help.

This is a little side message to Own. I wanted to apologize becouse I couldn't respond to your PMs (still can't), but wanted to thankyou for all the fasting info!! I totally appreciate, and will use it!!
God bless!

lightservant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top