deaf and dumb spirit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

deaf and dumb spirit

Post by awesomegod16 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Can anyone explain to me what a deaf and dumb spirit is? I know that there is an account of this in the bible?
Someone was praying for me in church and mentioned this about me.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: deaf and dumb spirit

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:09 am

um it dont apply 2 u if ur not deaf an cant speak,, hmmmmmmmm

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 am

well i thought about this dreamster especially when people say its self explanatory but this woman was praying this over me and I can hear and as far as the mute part, also. so it must be something else. so this means this woman was wrong because she said that is what the lord told her to pray and she prayed in tongues, not that it should matter. i don't know. i guess it should.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 am

I had a deaf and dumb spirit broken off me about 15 years ago and I was not nor have I ever been dumb or deaf. However, I used to stumble when I spoke and always took ages to speak as I was always interupted growing up by my family....also too I was teased alot at school and made to feel that anything I said was going to be laughed at so I was always conscious of what I was saying. I didn't stutter either and also was very good at making speeches, it was just in my personal life that I found it hard to express how I felt and once the deaf and dumb spirit was broken off me I felt so much better and could be more confident. Also too I was called dumb alot in school as I had learning difficulties cause I was in a very dysfunctional home and could not concentrate at school. My mother (God bless her) used to call me deaf alot if I did not pay attention to her.

Anyhow after I had this spirit broken off me, I was able to get myself a grad dip in marketing and a degree in film, go figure......the devil may not actually try to physically disable us but sometimes finds more power in spiritually disabling us and once this is broken, our spiritual ears open and we can also speak into the spirit realm and thus physical realm with more confidence and strength in Christ.

Keep your healing sister, I believe she may have been spot on matey. But only you can know. My theory is take the prayers, they cannot harm you , so what if you had a spirit attack you called 'deaf and dumb'! Praise God I say that she saw it and broke it off".....no harm done if you have not got this spirit, but alot of good she did if you had it hey.

Pray about all I have said Blossom.

Bless you! praying

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:28 am

Thank you for your response. I think I can understand this a little better because that is what is happening to me. I was called stupid and dumb all during growing up and even as an adult. No one had any confidence in me. Later on in life I started to stutter when I talked and so I think I am understanding this a little better. I write much better than I speak so when I would speak I would see the faces of those who I was speaking to and they would frown like they couldn't understand me. I was constantly told I did not have any smarts sense but I was smart in intellectual things like books. Maybe they meant street smarts. And I just could not understand certain things, how to put things back the way they went. Even now, my friend thinks something is wrong with my brain. Plus, my family, especially my mom told me they thought I was retarded when I was a baby. That did make me feel really bad when they said that to me. So I grew up with that stigma on me. Yes, I don't mind that prayer at all. I am believing God for a difference in my life as a result of that prayer.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:04 pm

From what I was told way back (because I haven't heard this term in a long time and I'm not sure if this explaination is scriptural), this is a spiritual deaf and dumb spirit. When our spiritual ears don't hear, which causes us to not speak correctly...or in a spiritual way. Not that you have a bad mouth, but just like a person who doesn't hear...who is deaf, they don't have good speach...which means you aren't speaking in line with the spirit because you aren't hearing spiritually.

I hope that makes sense and that you search for clearer illumination on this because, like I said, I haven't heard that term in a LONG time, but this is what it meant, back in the day.

Blessings

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Oh thank you Cholette,
I think that it must be something spiritual too but I must say that all of what was written here rings true with me. I think in line with what you've said, I haven't in the past spoke the things that God has for me or what is in line with God's truth. I've doubted it and not believed it. So, in that way, I guess its harder for me to really be in tune with the Lord when I am going in one direction and he is going in another. It really hurts my getting direction because I can never be sure what He wants me to do in a specific situation. Like right now I am praying about a specific situation, yet, because I am not hearing from the Lord, I tend to assume things that may not be true in the situation.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 pm

flower get insites D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 am

blossom wrote: I write much better than I speak so when I would speak I would see the faces of those who I was speaking to and they would frown like they couldn't understand me. I was constantly told I did not have any smarts sense but I was smart in intellectual things like books. Maybe they meant street smarts. And I just could not understand certain things, how to put things back the way they went. Even now, my friend thinks something is wrong with my brain. Plus, my family, especially my mom told me they thought I was retarded when I was a baby. That did make me feel really bad when they said that to me. So I grew up with that stigma on me. Yes, I don't mind that prayer at all. I am believing God for a difference in my life as a result of that prayer.

blossom

I so understand where you are coming from Blossom. I write better than I speak, although I speak well in speeches cause noone is interupting me. I speak well in public but in private I used to clam up. Over the years I have learned how to communicate alot better.
My 8th grade teacher asked my mum if I was retarded and I was an A grade student, mind you I just passed math cause I hated it!! My mum has always corrected everything I have said and then years ago it was thought I had ADD cause I always had learning difficulties. I guess when I had been constantly criticised I was afraid to make mistakes. Also too I have always been told I am gullible cause I am not "street wise" and I have had to learn over the years how to use the discernment God gave me after I asked for it from all those street wise comments....God is so good hey. I hope this resonates with you as it really does with me and all that you have said makes sooooo much sense. I believe a spirit of deaf and dumbness is what causes people to have difficulty in speech and comprehending or hearing/listening to what people and the world around us say. Now that it has been broken off, praise Him, the whole retarded thing is a curse that the enemy put on you and myself and well, Jesus gave us His mind through His word and His voice through the Holy spirit and we are no longer enslaved to the devils ways but are rather children of the light! Amen

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top