Dreaming People Symbolically

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreaming People Symbolically

Post by lola21st on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm learning more and more to let go of defining dream symbols. Granted, I've always felt that I'd be limiting the dream's meaning (if not outright misinterpreting it) by drawing too close an association between a symbol and its definition without considering context and feelings in the dream as Mia teaches. But recently my dreams have begun to change - in the past when I have dreamt about people, I could bet my bottom dollar that it was a literal representation of that person (with the exception of two people whom I know have become part of my dream symbol vocabulary). But lately, I've been having dreams where the person in the dream is symbolic of someone else entirely.

Case in point: I had a dream two weeks ago that my friend was smoking pot out of a pipe and then was smoking pigskin out of the same pipe. (IRL, he's never touched drugs.) In the dream he told me that he was doing this so that no one would be able to detect the pot in his system. I told him it wasn't going to work and then woke up.

I first interpreted the dream to mean that he's replacing something that's not good for him with something that won't be any better and might actually be worse. I was going to mention the dream to him but kept forgetting then something told me to keep quiet (that was the Holy Spirit). I'm so glad that I did...the dream manifested this past weekend - I heard through the family grapevine that my ex-husband contacted my nephew (who is an adult who smokes pot) last weekend to find out how to hide pot in your bloodstream because he may have to take a drug test (he's looking for a new job). Not sure what my nephew told him but I'm betting it won't work....

I remember reading another dream on the site recently where the OP was told that if the characteristics of the person are inconsistent with that person's IRL personality, that's one indication that they are symbolic for someone else...so true in this case!

Over the summer my dreams have intertwined my mother and myself - I dream about myself in my dreams but it's really about her and vice versa. Now I'm being very cautious regarding my dreams and letting them simmer for a bit unless it's a case of knowing that I know that I know....it's really interesting the way God gives us dreams! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreaming People Symbolically

Post by nubava on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 pm

This is so true Lola, I've been discussing with my father the same topic recently. He had one very interesting dream which he believes is an answer or direction to his prayer but he couldn't understand why he dreamed this certain person and his family. I told him to first consider them literally and if do not fit in the situation, he should try to think who this person could represent, i.e. the character, way he or she behaves, or some situations that this certain person could remind of someone else. He agreed and told he would be praying about it.

And also there is one person who I dream about a lot and usually he is literal in my dreams but I have been having dreams in which others symbolized him. After meditating on those dreams and drawing some parallels who could this person be and of course with the help of several manifestations, I realized that those people are of their behavior and the Lord is in this way emphasizing some aspects from life.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 pm

That's so true lola. After being on this website I realize that people in my dreams that I know IRL sometimes represent another person in real life but what connects them is some characteristic they share. The thing is I realized this AFTER the dream has manifestated.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I agree Lola,
I'm also experiencing/noticing that certain people in my dream who are or aren't part of my life anymore, but represent a certain spirit they operate(d) in. For instance, an old boss of mine often appears in dreams where witchraft is the main theme.. (this is a strong demonic force i seem to encounter a lot in the area i live in) So, if she appears in a dream (where it's not about her but about this spirit) I've become very cautious and heed the warnings.
Just my

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

lola21st wrote:I'm learning more and more to let go of defining dream symbols. Granted, I've always felt that I'd be limiting the dream's meaning (if not outright misinterpreting it) by drawing too close an association between a symbol and its definition without considering context and feelings in the dream as Mia teaches. But recently my dreams have begun to change - in the past when I have dreamt about people, I could bet my bottom dollar that it was a literal representation of that person (with the exception of two people whom I know have become part of my dream symbol vocabulary). But lately, I've been having dreams where the person in the dream is symbolic of someone else entirely.

Case in point: I had a dream two weeks ago that my friend was smoking pot out of a pipe and then was smoking pigskin out of the same pipe. (IRL, he's never touched drugs.) In the dream he told me that he was doing this so that no one would be able to detect the pot in his system. I told him it wasn't going to work and then woke up.

I first interpreted the dream to mean that he's replacing something that's not good for him with something that won't be any better and might actually be worse. I was going to mention the dream to him but kept forgetting then something told me to keep quiet (that was the Holy Spirit). I'm so glad that I did...the dream manifested this past weekend - I heard through the family grapevine that my ex-husband contacted my nephew (who is an adult who smokes pot) last weekend to find out how to hide pot in your bloodstream because he may have to take a drug test (he's looking for a new job). Not sure what my nephew told him but I'm betting it won't work....

I remember reading another dream on the site recently where the OP was told that if the characteristics of the person are inconsistent with that person's IRL personality, that's one indication that they are symbolic for someone else...so true in this case!

Over the summer my dreams have intertwined my mother and myself - I dream about myself in my dreams but it's really about her and vice versa. Now I'm being very cautious regarding my dreams and letting them simmer for a bit unless it's a case of knowing that I know that I know....it's really interesting the way God gives us dreams! flower

This was the other link for the dream that was about someone else: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dream-and-vision-questions-f6/dreams-of-infidelity-t9217.htm?highlight=infidelity

It's funny but I just interpreted another dream today where it had one person in it that symbolized someone else entirely: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dreams-interpreted-f40/mia-my-nightmare-dream-t10114.htm?highlight=nightmare

This link also has some info about people representing others:

http://www.heartsongministry.com/theme_people.html

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 am

lola21st wrote: I remember reading another dream on the site recently where the OP was told that if the characteristics of the person are inconsistent with that person's IRL personality, that's one indication that they are symbolic for someone else...so true in this case!

Hey Lola... this is interesting.. i notice the same thing.. my question is why does the Lord show someone who is not the same character? like they dont have the same personality? why not someone w/the same personality?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:10 am

The symbolic person in a dream is a placeholder. You would be better off trying to imagine people in dreams as white cardboard cutouts rather than try to figure out what they might have in common with someone else.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:35 am

but then how would you know what they represent? or what the situation represents?

i guess i dont udnersatnd why use a positive person for a negative situation? trying to grasp this idea.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:00 am

what do you mean by using a positive person for a negative idea?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:04 am

for example lola said she saw someone that does not do drugs, doing drugs. But it was suppose to represent the person that "does" do drugs.

could be vice versa etc...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

One very good reason to use someone who would never do something like that is so that the dreamer doesn't say anything. Lurdys didn't say anything because she had a clue that this didn't really apply, and when she would have said something the Holy Spirit stopped her. Think of elements in dreams as clues. People with no similarities are used symbolically as place holders for the very reason that we aren't supposed to blurt everything out and as a clue that they are symbolic for someone else.

Thankfully, Lurdys is in tune with the Holy Spirit and has learned through her walk with God in the prophetic that not everything is for immediate digestion. She also knew that when something someone does in a dream is out of character that it is a clue that the dream is obviously not about them.

Think of all the bible prophecy that is still uninterpreted, everything has a time and a season. I am just now seeing the literal manifestation of dreams that I had five years ago. Until we KNOW that we know that we know the interpretation, our part is simply to pray about it. (With one exception when someone's physical well being is in danger, in that case be willing to look like a fool and tell them.) Even after we have the interpretation, we are to do nothing until we have the revelation of how to apply the interpretation.

There are three parts to prophetic dreams:
Revelation
Interpretation
and
Application

For instance: Pharoah had the two dreams with the corn and the cows. God gave Joseph the interpretation to the pharoah's dream AND he also gave him the application. The interpretation was that a famine was coming for seven years and the application for the interpretation was to store enough food to save the world. Pharoah had the revelation. Joseph had the interpretation and the application.

Revelation - Pharoah's Dream
Interpretation - Knowing what the dream meant
Application - Knowing where to apply the knowledge gained from the interpretation of the revelation.

Receiving revelation is only a portion of the process of prophetic dreaming. Having this revelation is useless, other than for the purpose of intercession, unless the Lord gives you the interpretation and discernment for where to apply the interpretation - which is the application.

All Lurdys had was the revelation. Without the true interpretation and knowledge where to apply it (application) you are not to do anything with your dream other than pray about it.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
I take everything to the Lord. I never say anything to the person unless the Lord directs something specific to me.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for asking. You helped me add another couple of pages to my book. =)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 am

I've had dreams like this as well, BUT in my case, my dreams have been the meaning of the NAME per se. There is one particular person who is ALWAYS in my dreams and they represent my faith. Whenever God is ministering to me about my faith, he puts her in my dreams. That didn't used to be the case.

As far as dreams are concerned, I would have REALLY messed up the messages that God was trying to send to me if I tried to interpret EVERY LITTLE THING in the dream. Dreams that I had 15-20 years ago are NOW manifesting and no matter how weird they were, they were actually LITERAL dreams. There was this particular dream about me walking up to someone famous and asking for their autograph. While I was standing in line I saw this woman wearing black and white walking around like she was a "busy body".

Just recently, that dream came to pass and it happened EXACTLY the way it did in the dream. The girl wearing the black and white was this famous guy's assistant and let's just say, she had her eye on me the whole time while I was greeting and getting the autograph of this person, yet she was running around that place like a "chicken with it's head cut off". There's more to this, but I just wanted to make a point that I tried to determine what the colors black and white meant...what autograph meant...what the table that he was sitting at meant... , but the whole time, it was a literal dream and it was revelation knowledge of something that God was bringing to pass in my life.

Like Mia said, we just need to pray over our dreams and let the Lord unfold it. I used to think I dreamed symbolically, but now I'm seeing that I'm a literal dreamer. The fact that my dreams are now FINALLY manifesting, I can see this now. I'm just thankful that my dreams are FINALLY manifesting because MY LORD, I felt like the odd man out on this site. Nothing was happening, but now I can say, it is...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 am

yay!!!!

I wish I could take what you wrote about not picking apart every detail, upzip people stuff that in there and zip them back up!

With the exception of our little group, most dream interpretation sites and ministries teach people to always look at their dreams as though they are symbolic messages. It is so frustrating because I KNOW so many literal dream manifestation are being lost because they are incorrectly interpreted.

PRAISE GOD that you know the truth! and can benefit from it!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top