Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Virtuous

The Will of God

How important is doing the will of God? Do you know the will of God for your life? Does it matter? Do you worry about NOT carrying out God’s will in your life? Do you worry about HOW you’re going to carry out the will of God in your life?
These are questions I have struggled with for years. Sermon after sermon…Message after message…teaching after teaching; concerning these things – still, I have struggled with carrying out the will of God for my life. In one swoop, the light has come on and a song we sing takes on a whole new “LIFE” to me…

I give myself away. I give myself away. So you can use me. (repeat at will)
Here I am. Here I stand. Lord, my life is in your hands. Lord, I’m longing see…your desires revealed in me.
Take my heart. Take my life. As a living sacrifice. All my dreams. All my plans. Lord, I place them in your hands.
My life is not my own. To you, I belong. I give myself… I give myself to you. (Bridge)

Doing the will of God is very important to me. My one heart’s desire is to do the will of God. My purpose is to do the will of God. In order to do the will of God, I have to surrender EVERYTHING – ALL THINGS to Him. There can’t be any of Virtuous. My desire (wait, oh my God! Cholette, as I write this, I felt your dream you had about me come up in my spirit and I just want to cry. Remember? Desire? That’s it! {now I’m crying} crying That’s what God wanted. This is what He’s wanted all along. Everything is going to change. I understand now. Oh, God, I understand! THIS “desire” has changed who I am! Oh, God, I understand! I understand!) crying crying

I was studying Moses last night in Exodus 40. The will of God for his life at that time was to build the tabernacle. God told him what He wanted him to do, when He wanted him to do it, and how it should be done. All Moses had to do was do it. I mean God gave Moses instructions from start to finish. All Moses had to do was obey. I don’t know if Moses thought he should put the veil someplace else, or the altar someplace else or do anything else different or what. But I do know he was doing the will of God, God’s way. Moses wouldn’t have been able to do that if Moses was in the way.

Either I want the will of God for my life or I don’t. It’s all or nothing. I don’t have to worry about HOW it will be carried out. If I give myself away to the Lord, He HAS to use me to carry out the purpose He created me for. There is so much just opening up to me about how the will of God will be carried out in my life. I have to be like Mary was when she said, “Be it unto me according to thy word”.
All the dreams and desires I have that my heart longs for are ALL tied to the will of God for my life. I know this because they are ALL tied to ministry. No, they are not all spiritual but even the natural ones are tied to the spiritual ones. It seems like they only make sense or have meaning when I think of them complimenting the things of the spirit. It’s almost as if the natural things won’t be as fulfilling without the spiritual things. Does that make sense to anybody?

I said all of that (and could probably say more) to say this. From this day forward, Virtuous is moving out of the way. I will carry out the will of God for my life – God’s way. The song I added to the very beginning of this thread is my anthem. Everything God has promised me in His word and through prophecy is His will for my life and I am giving myself away to Him and trusting Him. He brings the provision for the vision and I’m just going to obey orders.

Virtuous… your life is not your own!

Either I want the will of God for my life or I don’t. It’s all or nothing. I don’t have to worry about HOW it will be carried out. If I give myself away to the Lord, He HAS to use me to carry out the purpose He created me for. There is so much just opening up to me about how the will of God will be carried out in my life. I have to be like Mary was when she said, “Be it unto me according to thy word”.
All the dreams and desires I have that my heart longs for are ALL tied to the will of God for my life.

Amen!

Oooh, Virtuous - I had the same thought reading the same section of Exodus (through Leviticus) recently. The Lord knew that the Israelites had never had a church before so He gave Moses detailed instructions on the building of the tabernacle, the vestments, the offerings, the feasts, right down to how they were to live their lives. Where He places us, He will be faithful to equip us. For many of us (ok, me), that's like a refreshing spring rain... flower

Thanks for the encouraging post... Amen

God has been working on me about His will as well ..I was reading today and this verse stuck out to me:

Isaiha 1:19

" If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the best from the land;

but if you resist and rebel,
you will be devoured by the sword."
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

pretty harsh, but sometimes God gets that way with me and thats what catches my attention.

Virtuous wrote:

All the dreams and desires I have that my heart longs for are ALL tied to the will of God for my life. I know this because they are ALL tied to ministry. No, they are not all spiritual but even the natural ones are tied to the spiritual ones. It seems like they only make sense or have meaning when I think of them complimenting the things of the spirit. It’s almost as if the natural things won’t be as fulfilling without the spiritual things. Does that make sense to anybody?

Totally agree and understand what you mean here. Thank for posting. And Daph, thanks for the scripture and for your add, huge confirmation
thumbs

pretty harsh, but sometimes God gets that way with me and thats what catches my attention

Daph,

I understand completely. I am one of those who can't be "sugar-coated" approached. It takes things like that for me too. Honest - Stern - Point Blank...