Deja Vu Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deja Vu Issues

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey everyone. I been wondering for quite sometime about how Christians feel about "deja vu". For some months I been having those feelings like I been at this scene before, it happened like everyday and stopped for a while now it's back. I heard someone said it's related to seizures but they are not sure. What do you guys think?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deja Vu Issues

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:37 am

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/prophetic-words-f13/de-ja-vu-i-d-like-to-know-some-thoughts-t9153.htm

Have a look at this discussion.....hope this helps.

I have never heard of it being related to seizures although I once went out with a man who had epilepsy and he tried to tell me after I got delivered of a demon that it was epilepsy. My point being, sometimes people see what they want to see into things according to their own experiences.

I'm not sure if de ja vu is mentioned in the bible. It would be interesting to do a study. duh

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 am

thanks for the link, I had replied on it so I guess I forgot about the discussion, oops sorry.

but yea a medical professional told me about "deja vu" being related to seizures, I was kinda sursprise. Then I wondered what the bible stated about them but I didn't find a source, thought I should bring it up. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 pm

To me seizures don't explain the whole seeing a place or doing something that brings back a memory of being there or doing something in a place that you have never been before. Otherwise to be honest, everyone would be having seizures as so many people know what de ja vu is and have expressed having it.

It is difficult I think for the scientific to explain the supernatural despite the attempts to.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I know. It was hard to see the connection when I first heard it, you're right. Thanks for the response!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lorri on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

"Deja Vu" happens to me a lot, too. I definitely know it's not seizures. No evidence of that, but a person knows their body. I do not have seizures. I have always wondered about this, too. It is a very strange, eerie feeling when it happens. I have also wondered if there is an answer to this question, but I have never asked God directly about it, for some reason. I guess I just tend to "shake it off" right after it happens, and forget about it. Other times I think I don't want to know the answer, and that I should just "let it go" as something that "just happens." I am going to read the link that someone posted about the topic, though.

lorri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lorri on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:46 pm

just read something I'd like to share, as "food for thought" on the matter of deja vu. Its a link to a website called, "HongKongJohn.net" and an blog post or article written by "Hong Kong John" called "A Christian Perspective on Deja vu." I thought it was an interesting concept.

Any thoughts from anyone else on it?

http://www.hongkongjohn.net/?p=259

lorri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lorri on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:12 pm

I also found the following on another website. What does anyone think about this take on it? I will put the link here, but also copied and pasted what he wrote, for convenience sake, because the site is actually a "date hookup" site. Why someone wrote a question about this in there, I don't know (I found it by googling "Christian Perspective of deja vu" - NOT by hanging out in the dating site!).
The forum it is in is: Forums: Groups: Christians: Spiritual Meaning Of Deja Vu?
from the webpage: http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-284595.htm

Definition: dé·jà vu (day zhä voo ) n.
1. Psychology: The illusion of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time.
2. An impression of having seen or experienced something before: Old-timers watched the stock-market crash with a distinct sense of déjà vu.
3. Dull familiarity; monotony: the déjà vu of the tabloid headlines.
4. The experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before.
5. An experience that causes you to remember something.

The phrase "deja vu" is French for "already seen" & refers to when a person experiences the feeling that they have seen, experienced or been someplace before even when they are sure that that is not really true. It is also called paramnesia, from Greek pa?a "para," "near" + µ??µ? "mneme," "memory") or promnesia, is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in a letter to the editor of Review Philosophique, 1, p. 430-431 in 1876, which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. If we assume that the experience is actually of a remembered event, then déjà vu probably occurs because an original experience was neither fully attended to nor elaborately encoded in memory. If so, then it would seem most likely that the present situation triggers the recollection of a fragment from one's past. The experience may seem uncanny if the memory is so fragmented that no strong connections can be made between the fragment and other memories. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity & also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," or "weirdness." It has been extremely difficult to evoke the déjà vu experience in laboratory settings, therefore making it a subject of few empirical studies.

Boirac's term directs our attention to the past. However, a little reflection reveals that what is unique about déjà vu is not something from the past but something in the present, namely, the strange feeling one has. We often have experiences, but a few novel ones may be unclear. In such cases we may have been led to ask such questions as, "Have I read this book before or have I seen this episode before or this place looks familiar; have I been here before?" Yet, these experiences are not accompanied by an “uncanny” feeling. We may feel a bit confused, but the feeling associated with the déjà vu experience is not one of confusion; it is one of strangeness. There is nothing strange about not remembering whether you've read a book before, especially if you are 50 years old & have read thousands of books over your lifetime. In the déjà vu experience, however, we feel “strange” because we don't think we should feel familiar with the present perception. That sense of inappropriateness is not present when one is simply unclear whether one has read a book or seen a film before. We should be talking about the déjà vu “feeling.” It is worth noting that the déjà vu feeling is common among psychiatric patients.

Deja vu was coined & defined by a person studying psychic or paranormal or occultic experiences. These are usually not associated with the Bible or Christianity at all but are in the realm of experiences in the spiritual realm that Christians are cautioned to avoid.

The Scriptures talk about those things that God reveals to us are based upon direct revelation and prophecy. God accurately predicts down to the detail, exactly what will happen, when it will happen & how it will happen. He also guides & leads us. The devil rushes us & confuses us & tries to get us to rely upon our own insight & feelings & often incomplete memories & how we try to piece things together in our minds. As Christians we are given the Holy Spirit to indwell our spirits for specific purposes: one to empower us to live holy, pure lives that glorify God & pleases Him; another is to lead, guide, comfort & counsel us when we are confused, feeling strange, fearful or unsure of certain things.

Proverbs 3:3,5,6; 12:14; Do not let lovingkindness & truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will find favor & high esteem in the sight of God & man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart & lean (rely) not on your own understanding; acknowledge him in every course (path or way) you take & he will make (direct) your paths straight… The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise… There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (in contrast to the life God gives when we follow & obey Him)

I Corinthians 14:33,37 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.

Hebrews 1:1,2 In many & various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; but in these last days he has spoken to us by His Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the worlds.

Numbers 12:5-8 Then the Lord came down in the pillar of cloud & stood in the door of the tabernacle, & called Aaron and Miriam. And they both went forward. Then He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision & I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, even plainly & not in dark sayings & he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?''

Romans 12:1,2; I Cor 6:19,20 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy & pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test & prove what God's will is--his good, pleasing & perfect will… Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God & you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body & in your spirit, which are God's.

John 14:16,17; 16:13-15 And I will ask the Father & He will give you another Counselor (Comforter) to be with you forever-- even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you & will be in you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things & bring to your remembrance all things that I SAID TO YOU… when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth--for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak & He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine & declare it to you.

Hopefully, some of these things may be helpful as a comparison. May the Lord lead & guide you into His perfect will & may the joy of the Lord be your strength & song!

lorri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 pm

thank you lorri, this clears up alot! I knew I had about deja-vu but wasn't sure if it was biblical!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

interesting stuff...after i prayed about de ja vu (as I used to have it alot - all the time when I was younger) it doesn't happen anymore........i really think it most likely is a spiritual thing where by if we have had a spirit in us that has been to a certain place in another person perhaps, that when we bring it to the Lord, he sets us free from what ever it was and it goes. I don't want to get into the whole debate about whether a person of Christ can have a demon, but from my personal experience I have had demons cast out of me after I became a christian. When i brought the whole deja vu thing to the Lord, it stopped. Having said that I have had experiences in the Lord where I have felt like I have been to heaven and so I think it's the same gifting from God although, to me de ja vu seems to be counterfeit. The fact that the term was derived from studies on psychics kind of makes sense to me.

I don't want to scare us all into thinking it is all demonic however, however what was said above is true in that God always reveals to us the supernatural and doesn't like to leave us in the dark about things.

I really think whatever things we get in the spirit we need to committ them to the Lord and He will reveal all things in His time.

Blessings all

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I had read a book where this Christian stated she had several demons cast out of her after became a Christian, then I heard a testimony of this Christian who stated when she invited The Holy Spirit into her life the demons left the moment He came....both were professed witches. I don't know enough to say on that subject but praise God the demons left! Thank you for the response, I will be prayerful!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah I guess we are all different with different experiences hey.....

But I guess it is a matter of committing all our thoughts and experiences to Christ and trusting He will lead the way... wink

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm

:praiseg-d:

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down