Dreams of marital or relationship betrayal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams of marital or relationship betrayal

Post by toy1 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 am

To give a background to this dream, I am in a relationship with someone I desire to marry. The relationship has been going well but I have been having some unrest in me lately. Last year, before I met the lady, I received some warnings through the Bible while waiting on God concerning this year. Months later I met the lady. After getting to know her over a couple of months, I prayed and felt God's peace and blessing over the relationship, even (hopefully it was Him) hearing Him say go ahead. So we began to see more committedly. Along the line she told me about her past and I was concerned about some things. However I decided not to doubt God and not hold her past against her and not be judgmental. Anyway, I have been praying and truth is, I have found no (major) faults in her apart from that which is human. She has been of good character (you know them by their fruits right?). In seeking counsel, I spoke to a close pastor who at the end of counsellng said I would have a dream. Now the dream I am about to share came some time after that counselling session and it is one of the main reasons I have not dismissed it. The dream is as follows:

I had been drifting in and out of sleep with images of being somewhere with someone that looked like her (the lady I'm seeing) being in small wrapper, sharing hostel-like accomodation with other men and someone that looked like me being tempted to see/do more (as in sexually).
I soon fell asleep and had another dream where someone that looked like me and someone that looked like an old university mate (who I once suspected of betraying me but I had no proof. When I wrote him saying I'd forgiven him he had no idea what I was talking about. We're still in touch online) were driving around looking for the hospital where I was born. We got to a building where it should be though it was now in the dream a residential high rise. We went to a door, then we were going to see someone that looked like the lady I'm seeing. In the dream I insist on being in front at the door. Someone that looked like the lady I'm seeing opens and warmly and familiarly hugs the other guy. In the dream I ask if they know each other. She says yes that she gets 'wild and freaky' sometimes. In the dream I ask that what about me? She says she really likes me, gives a rubbing arousing hug and I wake. (I have used third person references deliberately)

I need prayerful help interpreting this dream as I want to please God concerning the marital choice I make. Is He warning me of the future or is the enemy trying to put fear in my heart? In truth, I have been afraid and anxious even though the wrong choices this lady has made as far as I know are in her past before we met. She really has been wonderful and largely what I want in a wife but I need to know if God is trying to show me something I am not seeing, perhaps due to my emotional involvement. Please help urgently as I need to please God and get marriage right through Christ.

toy1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams of marital or relationship betrayal

Post by owen on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I admire the fear of God in your heart by seeking Him first before deciding to get married and by seeking His will first above your own decision. God promised us that if we seek Him we will find Him. And marriage is a major desicion in life, and it must be taken seriously, and divorce is not an option.

I believe your dream reveals the sexual struggle on the part of the woman which involves past sexual relationships that the enemy may use to haunt or destroy her. I also believe that God wants this settled before getting married. Since you believe that you heard God that she is the best wife for you or she is the one, then He will also give wisdom how to settle things with her and also show you His ways on how to face this. The Bible says love never fails. Pray that God will cause true love to grow between you that through this, both of you may overcome all struggles There is no perfect relationship but if God is on the top on it, couples will be as happy as they can be.
How are you both spiritually? Do you talk about God together? Do you seek and pray to God together? Do you put God first in your relationship? Do you help each other spiritual?

I believe that those are basic questions which you can reflect and weigh regarding Christian matrimony. Marriage does not revolve in sexual activity; it is just a part of it. Neither marriage depends on what we want it to be, but what is the plan and purpose of God for marriage which involves love, joy, unity and to enjoy the company of the other.

Keep on praying and asking Him for wisdom because all we know He is faithful to never leave us nor forsake us.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by toy1 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Thank you for the response Owen. God bless and reward you.

toy1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top