HELP!!! Very Distrurbing Dream About My Dad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP!!! Very Distrurbing Dream About My Dad

Post by dem on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:37 am

IRL as a child, my dad would tickle me to the point I would pee myself, and then would tease me about peeing myself. When he tickled me, I would tell him to stop, but he wouldn't. It was like he got some sick satisfaction in doing it. When I woke up from this dream I felt like I had been raped. I 'm still troubled by this dream.

I dreamt that I was in a room and my dad came in and forced himself on me tickling me and fondling me. I was paralyzed by the tickling laughing so hard I couldnít tell him to stop. When he was done, I didnít say anything. Later, I became really angry and screamed at him telling him I told him several times before I didnít like to be tickled, and if he did it again, I was ending our relationship. I told him he is no longer welcome in my home or to be around me. I told him that I may be his daughter, but Iím also a person and he has no right to do with me as he pleases. My mom may have been there when I was saying all this. I think she was looking at my dad with a mean expression. Sometime in the dream, could have been before or after what I mentioned above, my dad was helping to remodel either my room or my house, canít remember, and he was doing it the way he wanted. He didnít do anything like I suggested. I asked him why he didnít listen to me, and he may have told me he liked the way he did it. I was angry and told him that he didnít love me, and that he was selfish, only thinking about himself. My mom agreed with me. I told him real love thinks about others. He started to feel bad and put his hand on my shoulder, and I told him not to touch me. Later in the dream, my dad began doing things to help to try to show me that he isnít selfish, and I began to feel compassion for him. I think later on I told him I was ready to forgive him, and have a relationship again.

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP!!! Very Distrurbing Dream About My Dad

Post by traveller on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Do you feel like that in real life, that your father doesn't respect your wishes and does his own thing?

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dem on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 am

Hi Traveller, yes I do feel like my dad doesn't respect me as a person. i had confronted him once about not tickling my son, and told him about how i hated when he use to tickle me as a child, and he would never listen to me when i told him to stop, and he didn't apologize, but started to tease me and told me you know you like being tickled and tried to tickle me! He doesn't take me seriously no matter how stern i am concerning certain issues. He is starting to get better at some things, like not cursing and using Jesus' name as a curse word in front of me and the kids. I was talking to my husband about the tickling issue, and i told him that i found out he was abusing me, because he was doing something to me that i didn't want him to do. My husband told me that he was being a bully, and it was a form of control. The fondling thing in the dream disturbed me even more because it made me wonder if my dad had abused me in a sexual way also.

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Please know that i'm not an interpreter, just sharing my thoughts on what i see in your dream. If it doesn't sit right with you, please disregard.
It looks like your emotions towards your dad are being magnified in this dream. What to him might seem as a small matter of 'just tickling' you, and therefore ignoring your wishes of not wanting this, to you it is and you have an angry/unsafe/hurt feeling around him in this dream, which is highlighted in this scene.. It might not necessarily mean he's done other things too..
I was angry and told him that he didnít love me, and that he was selfish, only thinking about himself. My mom agreed with me. I told him real love thinks about others. He started to feel bad and put his hand on my shoulder, and I told him not to touch me. Later in the dream, my dad began doing things to help to try to show me that he isnít selfish, and I began to feel compassion for him. I think later on I told him I was ready to forgive him, and have a relationship again.
Remember this dream does have a good ending though, with you feeling compassion and wanting to forgive him after, which is restoring your relationship with him. Remember that, in particular whilst right now you might be feeling otherwise. I'd recommend (if u haven't already done so) to put this whole matter before your Heavenly Papa and let Him shine His light and healing over your (hurt)emotions,and what to do next. He is our RESTORER.
Peace be upon you,
traveller

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

This dream really reminds me of dreams that I have about my mother. I dream exactly like your dream and they come to pass very similar to what I dreamed in the future.

This dream is very encouraging in that, although it says that you might have an issue it also ends on a wonderful note.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pathwalker on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:55 pm

dem wrote:. He is starting to get better at some things, like not cursing and using Jesus' name as e, because he was doing something to me that i didn't want him to do. My husband told me that he was being a bully, and it was a form of control. The fondling thing in the dream disturbed me even more because it made me wonder if my dad had abused me in a sexual way also.
I am new here, but when I read this I was thinking the same thing about the possibility of abuse, before I even read this underlined sentence. I hope you can get some counseling, just to be sure. And, like you said," He is starting to get better at some things" so it may be time to explore what is in the back of your mind. Also, if he can improve there is hope, that if the time is right, your relationship will be healed. It is good that you are concerned instead of indifferent. God bless.

pathwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dem on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks everyone for your responses. Traveller, you could be right about my feelings being magnified in the dream, and it may not be any other things he may have done. The fondeling could represent my feelings of being violated and humiliated by him tickling me til i would pee, and the feeling of embarrassment that comes from a young child peeing herself. I have been praying about this, wanting the truth regarding any abuse to be revealed. Mia, your right that the end of the dream does end on a possitive note and brings some hope. That's a good thing. Pathwalker, I really do need to get some Christian counseling, unfortunately I can't afford it right now, but I know that there are some things from my past that I need healing from. For some reason, I really believe there is something deeply buried in me concerning some abuse from my dad. I til this day am nervous to be alone with my dad. I know there is something to that other than the tickling. I have scattered memories bits and pieces of things that I need the Lord to put together. Alot of things I'm unsure of as actually happening, I have problems trusting my memory, maybe it's fear, but I want to know the truth, and I know my heavenly Daddy wants me to know too, and He will be my Counselor. Thanks again everyone!

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:37 pm

pathwalker wrote:
dem wrote:. He is starting to get better at some things, like not cursing and using Jesus' name as e, because he was doing something to me that i didn't want him to do. My husband told me that he was being a bully, and it was a form of control. The fondling thing in the dream disturbed me even more because it made me wonder if my dad had abused me in a sexual way also.
I am new here, but when I read this I was thinking the same thing about the possibility of abuse, before I even read this underlined sentence. I hope you can get some counseling, just to be sure. And, like you said," He is starting to get better at some things" so it may be time to explore what is in the back of your mind. Also, if he can improve there is hope, that if the time is right, your relationship will be healed. It is good that you are concerned instead of indifferent. God bless.

This person is not new here but is UNDERHISWING posing as someone else. Please disregard this interpretation.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dem on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks Mia for the warning! wow

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

huggins

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top