Dream of infidelity happend the way I dreamed it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of infidelity happend the way I dreamed it.

Post by indyea1 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 am

I was suspicious for a while that my husband whom I've been with for 15 years wit two children ages 3 and 11. was cheating on me. I would bring it up frequently he would deny it and it would cause arguments. Sometimes I got the feeling that he really wanted to tell me the truth but didn't know how I would react or didn't really want us to be over as a result. I would constantly pray to God for answers. I always would say how that if something like that happened to me how I would be done! over with the relationship. One night I had a dream that I found out my husband was cheating on me. In the dream the way that I found out was that one day I went to the mail box and there was an envelope addressed to my husband from the franklin county child support services. I opened the envelope and it was a paternity test order indicating that he either was or could be the father of a baby with another woman. In the dream I remember being highly upset screaming and throwing things proclaiming to him how much I hate him and that it is over. He didn't have much to say in the dream but seemed to want to explain but couldn't because I was so angry. I woke and and immediately told him what I dreamed. He tried to assure me that it was just a dream and to calm down and go back to sleep. about 6 months later I was at home off from work and I went to get the mail from box like I always do. I took it into my room to open it and read it and there was a letter addressed to my husband from franklin county child support services. My heart dropped to my stomach.I immediately opened it and just as in the dream the letter indicated that he was the possible father of a baby. To make a long story short he is, when he got home I did everything I did in the dream but for some reason after being angry ,I chose to forgive, I had a very different spirit than the one I always thought I would have. I felt that our marriage was worth saving even though a baby had been bought into the situation. my husband expressed extreme remorse and didn't really know why he did it. and told me how so many times that he wanted to come out and tell me the truth but didn't know how. he said he is willing to do what ever it takes to save our marriage. He believes in God but I guess you can say he has chosen to backslide mostly all of his life because he was made to go to church as a child. I am a ministers daughter who sometimes strays from God but God always pulls me back to him with his messages that he sends. My husband agreed to go to a counseling session with a minister and his wife that I trust to give good godly advise. We did get good advise. We only went to them once however and have been trying to do whatever we have to to make this work. It is very hard especially with the other woman finding reasons to text him or call him that sometime have nothing to do with the baby. since finding out we have told our children and I have even accepted the baby being at our house(its not the baby's fault) I am trying to stay positive and feel that God changed my heart to do the opposite of what I always said I would do and stay for a reason. My pastor said that I have a spirit of reconciliation and believes that if we both pray daily and stay in the scripture to shield off the enemy that we can get through this . I believe that too, my husband believes it but is not at a point that he is motivated to to pick up the bible and read however he has prayed with me. ironically about two years ago my husband came home with a book called "The power of a praying wife" that someone had given him and told him to give to me. The first chapter of the book was focused on changing myself and then I thought I'm not reading this why do i need to pray to change me? I don't need change so i put the book on a shelf and had not picked it up since until this recent revelation. Now I realize that God was trying to show me then, what I need to be doing to save my marriage. Anyone else have more insight to the manifestation of my dream?

indyea1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of infidelity happend the way I dreamed it.

Post by mrswilliams on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

Indyea1,

What I get from the dream is that God showed you what was to come so you could be prepared to forgive. I too was one that said if my husband cheated that was it for me. When my husband cheated I tried to divorce my husband on 3 different occasions but, God always intervened. I believe wholeheartedly that God is trying to restore the lost marriages that have been taken away from us by the enemy. The United States Divorce rate is higher than any other country and this is a year of Restoration for everything in your life. The Power of a Praying Wife is a really good book I too have that book and I bought one for my husband. Unfortunately God had already showed me that change was going to start with me so when I got to that part in the Book I just laughed it off. It always takes 2 for a marriage to go wrong and the worse thing we do to ourselves is think that we have it together more than our spouse and that's where the enemy creeps in. This scripture comes to mine Ecclesiastes 4:12 (A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back–to–back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple–braided cord is not easily broken. NLT) This situation is not the end it's the beginning of an awesome testimony but, the first step is to rebuild your part of the cord which is Your faith and allowing God to change you from the inside out. It's so easy to divorce and walk away but, staying and trusting God for healing is that much difficult. But, we can learn from the disciples and prophets in the Bible that to recieve the victory and promises you have to Conquer adversity. God Bless your for making the choice to forgive and stay. I can't even began to imagine how you feel being married 15 years and for this to happen. I've only been married 2 years and infidelity happened in my first year of marriage and some my say I still have milk around my mouth :) but, I'm here and you can PM me if you ever want to talk.

Praise God for preparing you through your dream! praiseGod

mrswilliams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

praying That was AWESOME lisa

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrswilliams on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Sweets...I give thanks to God for a testimony to share..It's not me because you know the Flesh wants to keep secrets..lol ALL Glory to God.

mrswilliams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 am

Reading this I felt so sad for you lovely women of God as I have had two major relationships, (one I was engaged to) and both times the Lord revealed to me they cheated on me....I could not understand why the Lord opened my eyes to it.

The last time was recent and I was driving around my boyfriend at the time's town and for some reason I chose to go down a road that was not the normal route. I kid you not, the Lord turned my head and as I looked I saw the woman whom this man had flirted with at a wedding and reception we went to a few weeks prior. I had no idea where she lived and had not thought anything of the flirting except that my feelings were hurt at the time. This was a big town and the way the Lord showed me was so wierd. I knew He was turning my head to look at this woman. I confronted my boyfriend at the time and he denied it, but I know that God was showing me that something was up.

Just recently the Lord brought it all back to my mind as I had pushed it under the carpet and God opened my eyes to other things. How at the wedding, my now ex had gone back to this ladies hotel room to "pick up the wedding gift" leaving me and this womans boyfriend at the reception. I reembered asking to go with him but he said he was only going to take a short while. Looking back I suddenly realised (this was after prayer about getting closer to God and I had totally forgotten the incident tiill He reminded me) that I had to forgive my ex and that was the reason God wanted me to know that he cheated....

I was shocked as I always believe people when they say they are 'telling the truth'. But my other ex there was more proof that he cheated and I remember how I felt after finding out, and this time round, it was the same old games and same problems that resulted....

The point is, is that I believe God reveals these things to show us that God knows everything and that he wants us to FORGIVE. And I am so encouraged by your courage to hold on and not divorce, cause marriage is a different kettle of fish despite the fact that infedelity (in or out of marriage) always has repercussions and the stories of rejection and hurt are bascially the same.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top